Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,679   Online: 880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Bill , Laura , Barney , Lucy and I are going to be at Photostock 2010 and as well hang around for a few extra days to enjoy one of the most beautiful areas in North America.
    We treasure every trip to northern Michigan and always meet some great people at your gigs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm happy you're coming again, Bob. And even happier you'll be teaching a full-on workshop this time. It'll be great to see Laura and the rug rats as well. (don't tell them I said that)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't think Bob was allowed to travel across the border!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Look who's talking!
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Last time you were in Michigan I believe you insulted our own JD Callow and his lovely wife Helen , I will try to bring back some dignity that you so callously refused to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Workshops at Photostock 2010

Hello All,

Just a small update here on the shops that will be offered this year. We will be once again offering the Wet Plate Collodion, Gum Over Platinum as well as negative creation. New for this year will be a workshop in the Polymer Gravure Process as well as an in-depth, intensive workshop in methods best not discussed here led by Bob carnie and the good folks at Elevator who are once again coming from Toronto. We are also hoping to have a shop in the lith printing process, but that will depend upon a facility where this can be done. Although we are set for alt processes, an actual teaching darkroom with enlargers still eludes us. If we can arrange this, it will most likely have to be off-site. Plans are still being considered to build at least a temporary teaching darkroom in the basement of the Birchwood to house this, but it is not known if this will be ready by June.

Discussions are also ongoing to secure several people for portfolio reviews as well. This was very popular last year with Shelby and it is hoped we can have at least a couple experienced people here this year to take appointments.

Look soon for a formal post in the Great Lakes Regional Forum that formally announces the event and the open of registrations and reservations for the workshops. As for the workshops, I am already getting a lot of people wanting to reserve space ahead of time. While I appreciate and am grateful for the interest, in an effort to be fair I ask that everyone wait until registrations are open. Placement will then be on a first come basis with alternate lists if needed. Most shops will again be 2 day affairs and more will be added if the demand is there.

That's all for now folks. From this cold Michigan perspective, June can't come fast enough. Think summer!

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can't be sure I'll be able to make it this year, but I'm sure gonna try. I had a blast last year!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was great to have you there last year, Travis. It would be cool to see you again, but I also understand it is a long way for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin