Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,302   Posts: 1,681,525   Online: 704

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    why cant i take the recovered silver and refine it too silver nitrate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i am sure you could, but i wouldn't recommend that unless you have a lab and a hood
    and you are experienced with making silver nitrate ... it can be very dangerous.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

price increase come april first

just wanted to let you know,
    i was told there is an across the board
    price increase ( magnets, tanks, test strips and everything else )
    which will go into effect april first.

the magnets are going up $6
    so they will cost $61.95 + shipping

thanks
    john
    Last edited by jnanian; 03-04-2013 at 11:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The link to the APUG page on ECS doesn't work anymore. Are they still accepting Canadian shipments?

Shooter
    Large Format

Silver Refining Clarification

This post was brought to my attention so I wanted to clarify a few things. The original salesperson that posted for ECS made 1 error. There is no refining charges at the factor that he used, also, the pricing used is based upon receipt. We do not look after shipping.
    The factor used is 10x, this is a common factor when dealing in low volumes (under 1000 troy ounces).
    • Typical silver refiners will require the lots to be 2000-4000 minimums. The flake is refined, with charges being applied for assay, price per oz going in, price per oz going out, etc. At this volume, refiners will melt your lot separately and pay you after the work is done.
    • When dealing is small volumes, it is not reasonable to expect that your melt will be done separately. For these customers, we receive the flake, weigh and inspect the flake and send payment. All within 2-days of receiving the product. When payment has been sent, we carry the risks and keep thing simple. We pay 10 times the current silver price, or in other terms, we pay for 68.58% of the net weight. The net weight is not pure and needs refined. It also needs bulked with other material to reach the required lot weights. (All of these costs, including the potential decline in silver price, is the reason for a set 10 time factor).

The percentage we take and payment we provide can not be more transparent. You can weigh your material first to confirm weights, we weigh the material before opening it and our entire process is under photos and surveillance.

I hope this helps in clarifying things.
    Thanks
    Michael

Shooter
    Large Format
    Our websites is currently being re-vamped and will be launched by February. It will not have a specific link but it will have the refining details and information about our services and shipping address. I just posted a clarification on silver refining pricing.
    This post and thread were brought to my attention from John today, unfortunately I did not know that it was originally posted or I would have corrected the issues at the time.
    Sincerely,
    Michael

Shooter
    Large Format
    It was brought to my attention today about this posting. Trevor had good intentions but did not clarify things very well on this post. My understanding from John is that the silver magnets (which are great low-volume systems) are used by hobbyists, etc and are looking for a refining service. I corrected a thread this morning on pricing and sent an email to John about it as well. Attached are the pricing details; from a hobbyists perspective, it may seem that paying only 10 toz per lbs on impure flake is low since there is 14.584 toz in a lbs. However, from a refining perspective, the furnaces need 2000 toz just to do a minimum lot. This quick payment, allows for us to receive your flake with no minimums and pay you quickly, while we collect your flake with other flake so that we have enough to run the furnace.

This post was brought to my attention so I wanted to clarify a few things. The original salesperson that posted for ECS made 1 error. There is no refining charges at the factor that he used, also, the pricing used is based upon receipt. We do not look after shipping.
    The factor used is 10x, this is a common factor when dealing in low volumes (under 1000 troy ounces).
    • Typical silver refiners will require the lots to be 2000-4000 minimums. The flake is refined, with charges being applied for assay, price per oz going in, price per oz going out, etc. At this volume, refiners will melt your lot separately and pay you after the work is done.
    • When dealing is small volumes, it is not reasonable to expect that your melt will be done separately. For these customers, we receive the flake, weigh and inspect the flake and send payment. All within 2-days of receiving the product. When payment has been sent, we carry the risks and keep thing simple. We pay 10 times the current silver price, or in other terms, we pay for 68.58% of the net weight. The net weight is not pure and needs refined. It also needs bulked with other material to reach the required lot weights. (All of these costs, including the potential decline in silver price, is the reason for a set 10 time factor).

The percentage we take and payment we provide can not be more transparent. You can weigh your material first to confirm weights, we weigh the material before opening it and our entire process is under photos and surveillance.

I hope this helps in clarifying things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    thank you michael!

i want to apologize to folks in canada who purchased a magnet
    and were going by the numbers i had been saying, i was going by what i was told,
    which i now know wasn't 100% accurate.

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    jnanian - I'm interested in this and might want to buy a set up. Do you have any instructional videos on youtube or anything? Or would you be willing to make a video? :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi deardork

i don't have any instructional videos or anything like that ..
    i'll be happy to explain in an email or here how to use it ..
    the only hard part is making sure the fixre is spent, otherwise it is just
    looking at the lights to see when the 2nd light turns on. if the clip test
    is a hassle or problematic, i also sell test strips to dip into your fixer which will tell you
    if it is spent enough to de-silver ...

thanks for your interest
    john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin