Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,286   Online: 915

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry this happened, Bill. Better times ahead.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, It's such a shame that this happened, but I understand your famly and other priorities come first Bill. I hope that things work out for next year instead. I did see the paypal refund for the wet plate workshop. Maybe next time... Hope things are okay.

Andy
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Gim

Bill, thanks for the great memories and friendships made. If not this year...maybe later. I will stay optimistic for the future memories.

The best to you and your family.
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is a ton of work to pull something like this off. I can certainly respect and understand why it might be cancelled especially if workshop registrations were trailing off. I hope all is well otherwise. It was a great time last year. Perhaps we can figure out something else in the Midwest a bit less formally.....perhaps somewhere in Wisconsin? da UP?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow! Sorry to hear this. I had such a great time last year I was hoping to get up there again this year. Thanks so much for all your efforts Bill!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Too bad, I probably jinxed it by signing up! I hope it can be done again in the future and Bill desrves much respect for having done it in the past...Evan Clarke

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope the year works out well for you, Bill. I'm disappointed but can't say that I'm shocked: this has really gotten to be a complex production and I knew that it had to be siphoning time and energy from somewhere. Perhaps you need to consider either scaling it back, or gathering a team to put it together. Looking forward to 2011 already!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, it sounds like you too are caught in the middle age squeeze.

I am there, and it becomes bearable, but I do look forward to the day when I can devote more time to my passion, photography.

I have my kids demanding more of my time, my mom slowly becoming less independent, and more work responsibilities.

I had Photostock time blocked off in my calendar until last week, when I learned that I am committed to a 5 saturdays training course for new professional credential I am to attain for work that consumes all the Saturdays in June.

Thank you for thinking clearly, and seeing that this years Photstock was going to be a bigger stressor than was warranted, and pulling the plug in a timely manner.

Sometimes a step back clarifies the whole situation for everyone.

All the best to you. Channel your present day life energy to the best result for you and those close to you. When you look back on it later, it will not be thought of as time wasted.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a bummer not having Photostock 2010, but, knowing that you made this decision for your family is admirable, Bill. Organizing a photography event like this, which was getting bigger every year, probably took you away from not only your family but also, ironically, from photography. Personal photography, anyway. Well, thanks for all you've done with the previous Photostock events. They were a blast and I got to meet some really cool APUGers.

In the end, I'm going up to the Harbor Springs area at the end of June anyway and then Blissfest in early July. Thomas, maybe Coleen and I will see you and Heidi. I'll pm you.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bill, although i am disappointed in the cancellation of this year's photostock, i can completely understand and relate to the need to put time and energy into family matters. we all know that family comes first and foremost. i have no doubt you feel a sense of relief having now made the decision and can concentrate on home and work and whatever else requires your attention. i will miss the gathering of friends but have not cancelled my reservations at the birchwood inn yet. i think i could probably use a few days away from MY home responsibilities by june's end so for now, i will keep my room there and see what happens. i am breathing a sigh of relief too bill for reasons only you can understand! thanks for all your efforts bill and perhaps, we will all gather again next summer...

~~marianne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin