Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,205   Online: 996

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photostock 2010 - CANCELLED

Hello Everyone,

It is with sadness and apologies that I must announce that Photostock is cancelled for this year. I realize this will come as a shock as I was planning for it up through this weekend and looking forward to seeing everyone again. However, in looking over the logistics and the number of people coming weighed against my work and family obligations, the reality finally set-in that time will be better spent focusing on more important things at this time. Although there were a healthy number making deposits for workshops, there have been several drop-outs recently and indications are that the economy is playing a role. I think it is simply too much for the times here in Michigan.

As you read this, refunds for all registrations, deposits and workshop fees are being made or have already been made. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and it is my hope that this cancellation is far enough in advance for people to make other arrangements with their time.

Again, I am very sorry to have to announce this and I do hope that in the future we can all give it another try in better times.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the Best,
    Bill Schwab

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm very sorry that you're canceling Photostock 2010, Bill. But it seems like you are having an awful lot on your plate.

I am positive I speak for all of us when I say that I hope everything is all right, and that you will have all your priorities sorted and obligations taken care of. You are only human and one man, as capable as you are.

I'm thinking that Heidi and I will probably keep our reservation at the Birchwood Inn and travel over there anyway. It's a lovely area.

Have you canceled reservations at Birchwood also?

Thanks, and good luck!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All refunds have now been completed. Thank you!

@Thomas... I do hope you will have a great time during your stay! All is well and the Birchwood has been notified.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So sad about this news. Will miss seeing all those wonderfully crazy people with big hearts and even bigger camera collections. Hope next year is better.
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You didn't get into this to lose money, so that's just the way the cookie crumbles, as my Mom would say
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, my friend...
    Thank you.

Our best wishes to you.
    Last edited by Toffle; 03-29-2010 at 08:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well Bill - I'll be looking forward to 2011 then! It is a huge commitment. Maybe by next year I will have printed the photos from two years ago. Will miss seeing everyone though. If anyone is in the Central New York area this summer and wants to do some photo trips around let me know. Best, Jamie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm really sorry to hear this. I always loved seeing everyone and their prints. It's not often so much talent is collected in such a small area. I'm sure you (Bill) did everything you could to make this a success. Hopefully there's room for hope on a 2011 PStock, economic weather permitting. I'm going to hold off on canceling my reservations for a week or two and if there's going a good number of photographers headed to the Birchwood anyways, I'll go for the last weekend too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a shame. I've always wanted to come, but June never seems to work. As others have said, family and work obligations must be your first priority. Organizing what seems to have been a very successful event in the past, I'm sure, has taken it's toll, and if keeping it going when it's becoming harder for people to come doesn't make sense for you, then canceling is better than finding yourself in a frustrating (and perhaps costly) situation. Maybe it's best to plan for it every other year, anyway? Don't know, but if you think about it for next year, perhaps it will be June I can make it!! If not, I hope our paths will cross at some other photo party, Bill.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear this, Bill. I was going to make it this year. I do understand about other commitments, time constraints and economic conditions. Hope this can continue when things are better. Best of luck with your endeavors, and we'll keep you in our prayers.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin