Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,644   Online: 1151

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Just received a 3441S Feisol Tripod

I just received in the mail a lovely Feisol 3441S tripod.... Such a well made and lightweight piece of equipment. It will greatly aid my quest to lower the overall weight burden of my medium format gear that I schelpp around... Thankyou Kerry for very a quick turnaround, I am impressed at the quality and sturdiness of this thing!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lightweight and sturdy? Sounds like what I need too. Manfrotto just a wee bit heavy on top of all the rest of gear in my backpack. Is this a new tripod? And is it made from wood?
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    I just received in the mail a lovely Feisol 3441S tripod.... Such a well made and lightweight piece of equipment. It will greatly aid my quest to lower the overall weight burden of my medium format gear that I schelpp around... Thankyou Kerry for very a quick turnaround, I am impressed at the quality and sturdiness of this thing!
    Andrew,

I'm glad I could help you out. I was also amazed the first time I lifted a Feisol tripod. It was a CT-3441 that belonged to my good friend Ted Harris at one of the large format conferences a few years back. That convinced me right there that I had to get one for myself. I liked them so much, I decided to become a dealer.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
    Lightweight and sturdy? Sounds like what I need too. Manfrotto just a wee bit heavy on top of all the rest of gear in my backpack. Is this a new tripod? And is it made from wood?
    Perry,

The Feisol tripods are carbon fiber, and very light weight.

You can see complete specs and prices here:

http://reallybigcameras.com/Feisol/Tripods

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have used a 3301 for a couple of years with the small ball head. I love mine.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Kerry, I have a Manfrotto 488RC2 ball head that, whilst it is built incredible solidly, drives me kind of crazy because it loses being "level" when you tighten it off. How does the small Feisol ball head compare, and would it support a 4x5" Wista Field?!

Marc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    Kerry, I have a Manfrotto 488RC2 ball head that, whilst it is built incredible solidly, drives me kind of crazy because it loses being "level" when you tighten it off. How does the small Feisol ball head compare, and would it support a 4x5" Wista Field?!

Marc
    Marc,

The smallest Feisol ballhead, the CB-30C is a nice little ballhead for use with a lightweight point-n-shoot camera, or a rangefinder, but it would not be my recommendation for a 4x5 field camera.

In the Feisol line, I'd recommend moving up one size, to the CB-40D for a lightweight 4x5 field camera.

Better still, is the Photo Clam PC-40NS. This is the ballhead I personally use for all of my 4x5 shooting these days.

If I can answer any more questions, just let me know.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin