Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,363   Online: 844

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    fdi
    Shooter
    35mm

Inkjet print longevity

Aardenburg Imaging & Archives is a great resource for information on inkjet image permanence. They are testing lots of combinations of printers, papers and inks that no one else will test. They are not supported by the big three inkjet manufactures. It was founded by Mark McCormick-Goodhart who has worked with Wilhelm. He is doing some of the most comprehensive testing in the world and he is also doing real world testing in addition to accelerated life testing. Since his company does not have the corporate support it is primarily supported by its members. For just $25 a year you can get full access to his large database of inkjet longevity and educational material in addition to helping him continue and expand his work.

I strongly believe in the work that AaI&A performs and I want to help increase their membership which gives you full access to their large growing database of print longevity for a variety of inkjet printers, inks and papers. If you purchase $100 from Frame Destination this month not only will we give you a FREE annual AaI&A membership worth $25 but we will also give you 10% Off your order! Just use website coupon code AP797 (expires Apr 30th, 2010)

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry, but this really doesn't belong on APUG, in my opinion.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agree, this fits the hybrid photography site well but I, for example, don't do any inkjet printing. I print with a laser for print, and with silver for photography.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    I understand your concerns about this and I thought about them before extending this offer to APUG readers but I decided to post with the following thoughts in mind:

1. This is the Frame Destination sponsorship sub forum which something that my company pays APUG for.

2. Mark McCormick-Goodhart is a film shooter although he often scans and prints digitally. He is also planning on adding support for traditional darkroom printing processes. If more APUG’ers doing darkroom work become members and submit images for testing he will probably start doing so sooner rather than later.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hey, 10% off and a $25 membership for orders of $100+. Sounds like a deal to me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Usually, I would think this would be something for the Hybrid site.. but, since FDI helps keep the site alive.. they can post pictures of dancing mice as far as I am concerned.

The discount is pretty good too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I must agree with Mark.

His two reasons are well positioned, and besides, he's not discussing digital imaging directly. He's simply offering APUG readers a membership deal to an organization that discusses digital imaging directly. And, according to him, may expand their efforts into the analog regime.

Don't we here essentially do the same every time we recommend someone to go on over and join the hybrid photo site? Offer them a membership to an organization that discusses digital directly, but without us discussing it?

I see no mention of test results, longevity estimates, comparisons to analog, or digital product recommendations and/or endorsements. Only an effort to further his business a bit, which is, after all, what these sponser forums are all about.

No harm, no foul?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    I am afraid I was not aware of hybridphoto.com. I will look into helping support that site as well. It looks like some people are doing some interesting things over there.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    First of all, I mean no harm or insult to the advertiser nor the business and do appreciate that they may be making contributions to APUG.

And yes, hybridphoto was created (I thought) specifically for these types of discussions.

My point is that I thought that all of us here were engaged in trying to keep analogue processes (and therefore analogue businesses) alive. It is a privilege to be a part of this community: a business gets exposure to a huge number of potential clients via this site. And those clients do spend money. How many of us would even know about companies like Photographer's Formulary, the Impossible Project, Lodima and Freestyle, were it not for APUG.

On the other hand, I have found that inkjet paper works quite well for polaroid image transfers And I have posted on various uses of inkjet prints and inkjet printers on other sites like hybridphoto. Currently I am planning to rig an inkjet to spray Pt/Pd solutions economically onto paper
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you thought about combining the same sale, with a 1 year subscription/ extension to APUG? I think, at least here, it would generate more interest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin