Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,670   Posts: 1,481,762   Online: 969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Isn't he in the UK?
    He is. I had no problem getting the camera to him and getting it back using postal express mail. However, he *only* works on F2's.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wong's does F2 renos as a speciality, not general Nikon repair. The OP has an F3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Im not a Nikon user, but I have read good things about WInball Nikon Repair in Toronto ON (Canada). Never used them. I know it's a different country but it's another name just incase.

Shooter
    35mm
    Authorized Photo Service in the Chicago burbs apparently used to be a Nikon repair facility. Their web address is http://nikoncamerarepair.com. They did my FM a couple of years ago, and last fall did a big job on my FA, which included replacing some major components, and a complete realignment of everything.They're not cheap (the FA cost $240--the FM was more like $130, I think) but they did a great job. The best thing about them was that they were really fast. I sent the camera, they sent an estimate for approval the day after they got the cameras, and after I approved the bill, I think they were about two days in the shop, and one in the mail back to me--very different from some of the camera repair horror stories I have read.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've read plenty of reviews on KEH and Garry's, and both seem like good options. I'm not sure if they're the Harry Fleenor of the F-series world, but that sure would be nice. I've got a Rollei 35 with Mr. Fleenor right now...it'd be nice to get my F3 to someone just as competent.

Shooter
    35mm

F3 repair

Nikon in El Segundo, CA did a good job my F3 HP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin