Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,019   Online: 819

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Update: good and bad news on this issue with flash not working. Bad news is that I shot a roll of 36 exp Ilford B&W and it came out entirely blank. Only bit that had been exposed was the leader. It turned out the shutter was jammed.

Good news is that once I fixed the jammed shutter, the flash worked. The camera will only trigger the flash when the shutter is open, so once the shutter was ok the signal went to the flash shoe.

To fix the shutter I removed the lens and opened the back and gripped the shutter cloth from front and back with one hand, while pressing the shutter button. Jiggled the cloth a bit and it opened!

Can't believe it ended up being such a simple solution to a problem which looked complicated initially! Thanks for the input all.

Shooter
    35mm
    OM-10 will hold up to Winder 1 or 2. The motor drives do not work if attached (there is a blocking diode). At the same time the 10 came out, Canon introduced their all plastic and heavier AV-1, Nikon dumped the EM on the market. OM-g is better but still suffers from oil on the magnet. OM-10 is okay as a hobby camera but would not rely on it. A good used 2N will serve you better and longer. JMO. John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin