Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,879   Online: 1129

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

ETRSi needs a little TLC

I sold my second and last beloved ETRSi in 2004... and i'd like it back.

I have been in contact this week (Jan 2012) with the person I sold it to back then, they still have it and it has not been used since 2007. I don't have much information yet but I believe it is still in excellent condition apart from "a small piece of leatherette on the rewind lever fell off and disappeared."

From memory the rewind leaver is on the film back, but I don't remember it being covered, anyway my question is regardless of where this "small piece of leatherette" is from can it be replace by DIY or a professional? and at what cost?

Regards,
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think it's just a small piece which fits into a recess. I wouldn't pay anyone to replace it, I would cut it and glue it in myself (although I do have the use a laser cutter!).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM me your address, I can mail you a scrap of leatherete I have floating in the shop. You can cut it yourself with a scissors, self stik so no glue needed.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info guys.

I have PM'd Paul my address, but I am in the UK and you USA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Paul has kindly said he will send it from the USA to the UK for me.

Regarding the missing bit, I have now found out it is not on the film rewind it's on the film advance, so I just need to work out how to cut it and stamp the hole in it now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bronica ETRSi-Advance.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	44899
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iamSteveRoberts View Post
    so I just need to work out how to cut it and stamp the hole in it now.
    Here's a clue:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    although I do have the use a laser cutter!
    I could cut it for you or I could send you a punch from one of our cutting tools to punch out the hole.

I have an ETRS so I will have a look at mine. I have some spare covering here so I might give it a go at work tomorrow.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have only just joined this forum and the help people provide is fantastic. Thanks everyone.

Hopefully I will secure the deal today to have the camera sent back to me.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Deal done! My ETRSi is on its way back home.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Steve, Just press a piece of paper on the place you want to make the leatherete for and then use the impressions as your template when it all fits nicely.

Use a scalple or hobby knife to cut it. Holes can be made using a leather punch if you want em looking neat... I just use my scalple tip n work carefully. Besides... none of this will shows in your negatives. I consider this battle scars from experiance.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Paul !
    The material you sent has arrived today, I will have a look at sorting it in the next few days.

Steve
    How did you get on with your laser cutting tests?
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin