Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,926   Posts: 1,556,804   Online: 956

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

The shutter winding knob on a copal-3 fell off

Hello all, the silver stud that attaches to the shutter winding knob on my Copal 3 shutter has popped off. I can pop it on, but it falls off (was lucky to find it again when I tried that). I imagine I need some sort of glue that works well on metal to re-attatch this, does anyone have any recommendations? Will Gorilla Glue work? (After I cut off the expansion parts).
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can have someone cut a thread in the knob, then use a screw to fix it to the cocking arm, but you might find that fixing it with epoxy (two-component resin glue) is easier, just be gentle with it as it is very difficult to remove it in a civilised fashion later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    NOOooooo...... ARGHhhhhhhhhh....
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin