Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,134   Online: 746

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yeah John I've been toying with that kind of idea for a couple of days now and I think it's gonna have to come to it, I agree option 2 sounds inviting, I'll let you know how it goes, thanks to the both of you

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In fact, would either of you have an opinion about using a small dab of solder instead of the tin can from John's option 1? I feel like it might be a bit easier to remove if the need should arise?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoby View Post
    In fact, would either of you have an opinion about using a small dab of solder instead of the tin can from John's option 1? I feel like it might be a bit easier to remove if the need should arise?
    That'd work too, I've used that to make sure parts stays together couple times.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    OK, well I just finished soldering and it's worked a treat. I guess we'll see how long term it is, but I think it should do the trick for now at least! In case it helps anyone in the future, I attached a couple of pictures of the soldering job in question. Thanks a lot for all the tips, much appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03854.jpg   DSC03855.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If solder aint holding JB weld it not like you cant scrape it off later also.

Well, Have fun now and hope the camera's gonna serve you good!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin