Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,571   Online: 691

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is that fungus?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First one can be beginning of a crack from the sides too.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Doesn't look like fungus to me but the 1.2 for the OLY pen f is a VERY uncommon lens and should be well worth while having cleaned.
    that's what I originally thought, but I just can't get it to clear.
    Easier said than done too, I'm in Warsaw and only know one camera repair place that's a bit, well, how do I put this?

anyway, you're right well worth getting it look at by someone that can at least disassemble it, not least because the camera belonged to quite a famous Polish artist and it would be a shame if this lens went to waste now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    so managed to get the lens apart and it looks like it isn't fungus, but problem is; where I had thought the problem was between the first and second element it's actually in the second element group... I can't separate these.

now I know the lens is a good'un but this is serious repair right? is it worth it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin