Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,757   Online: 1120

Shooter
    Multi Format

OM-2N not liking Winder 2

My trusty OM-2N has recently started giving me problems. The camera itself works fine and winds fine, but fir some reason whenever I try to use the attached Winder 2, something goes wrong. Typically, the winder takes the shot and while it winds, it sounds like the winder slows down and then just stops. Then the winder won't work until I take a shot with the on-body shutter and wind it manually. Then the winder sounds like it's charging up, and will let me shoot again. I thought it was the winder, but I tested it on an OM-1 and it works fine. The body was last serviced by John Hermanson in 2008, so I don't think it would be a lack of grease or something like that. I am wondering what the problem is, and more importantly, whether it's easy to fix.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I gave up using rechargeable batteries in my winders for a similar reason,this never happens to me with regular alkaline AA's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make sure all the electrical contact points are clean on the winder and camera. What kind of batteries, rechargables or alkaline? Toss the rechargables. Check to make sure nothing got into the winder clutch port on the bottom of the OM-2 and it moves as it should.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin