Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,855   Posts: 1,582,944   Online: 997

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Status of Frank Marshman dba Camera Wiz?

About six weeks ago, I spoke with Frank Marshman, the experienced repairman in Harrisonburg, VA who owns and operates the Camera Wiz repair shop, about a Bronica repair.

I've been calling his store for the past week but getting no answer. The 800 number found on the web is now used by RotoPunch, whatever that might be. His 540 number goes unanswered, with no message offered to or recorded from the caller.

I've not heard that anything untoward has happened to Frank -- I'm hoping he's enjoying a nice vacation somewhere. But I'm curious if anyone else has been able to contact him recently?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

I just recently spoke with and had a Fuji lens repaired and returned by Frank...

The number I used was the 540 434 8133. I have never used his toll free number. He told me he is moving his shop (I believe to home), and things are in flux at present. Frank has done quite a bit of work for me over the years, and I did just receive my Fuji lens from him about 5 days ago. I did have a couple of days not reaching him, but got through. I believe he is still planning on continuation of his repair service, although it did not occur to me to ask, and he did not say otherwise. I'd say keep trying. I talked with him last about two weeks ago on that telephone line.

Lars

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks. I've been calling that number 4-5 times a day, for the past two weeks. Never an answer, never a "leave a message." I could try to get his home number, but I kind of hate to call a person at home in regard to something related to their day job. I may not have a choice, eventually. I'll post what I find out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm resurrecting this old thread as I was looking for others' recent experiences with Frank. I sent a Bronica GS-1/finder/back/lens kit that was received by him on 10/24/13 after first speaking on the phone and he said to send it. I talked to him after that and he was having some trouble figuring out something on it. I have been emailing and calling with no response to left messages, etc. for the past couple of months. Does anyone know what's up? Is he having health issues? I can't think of any reason for absolutely no response. I've used him in the past without troubles and am wondering if I'll see my gear again.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just today I received back an Ilex shutter I sent to Frank a couple of weeks ago for a CLA.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin