Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,304   Online: 863

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cleaning the VF on an Olympus rangefinder.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if it's easy to disassemble an Olympus 35-LC? The one I have works perfectly but the viewfinder is a bit dim/hazy, and the RF patch is also a little dim as well.

Just wanted to know if anyone could help with some tips. I can take close up pics of the camera if necessary.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    35mm
    A couple hints if you're still considering cleaning your Oly rangefinder: The clear glass surfaces are easily cleaned with a mild lens cleaner after blowing and brushing off as much as you can. BUT - don't clean the angled, colored pieces of glass. Some of the old rangefinders have very delicate coatings on the angled image splitting glass that comes off easily. Also, the cement holding the lenses in place is brittle. Be sure you use a toothpick and cotton to make thin cotton buds to clean into the angles. If you use regular q-tips you can pop the lens loose by pressing into the angles. If you want detailed info I may have some pics I can send you.
    Skip

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for the tips, I haven't had a chance to clean the camera out as I've had some difficulty disassembling it and I didn't want to damage anything. I may have to enlist someone's help!
    - Abram

35mm / 120

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin