Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,975   Posts: 1,523,639   Online: 1117

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have found that if I use a 2.4mm diameter double fluted cutter and cut 0.5mm depth at a time, I can get a nice cut which doesn't need a lot of cleaning up.
    If you can find four flute cutters to fit your collets, you'll find them much more robust than two flute. Or... If the collets will take 6mm shanks, you have a wide choice of three flute disposable carbide cutters that can be run at 7-10,000RPM.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. I can only fit 1/8" shank cutters into our machine (Excellon). I did find a company selling a 3/32" cutter with an 1/8" shank suuitable for cutting metal so I might try one of those.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 05-15-2012 at 01:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I might have some 1/8" shank solid carbide cutters (four flute), if not I can put you in touch with a UK supplier. Ping me in a day or so if I haven't gotten back (doing the night shift tonight).

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Would you mind sharing your CAD files?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

I based my camera on his design and produced some CAD drawings from the PDF file on the website.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsimms View Post
    Would you mind sharing your CAD files?
    I wouldn't mind at all. I have shared them with many people already. Send me a private message with your e-mail address.

Are DXF files ok for you? (originated in AutoCAD).

Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin