Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,858   Online: 776

Shooter
    Medium Format

How Do i Take the Door off A Nikon MB-1

Hi

I have two nikon MB-1 Batery holders One is Engraved :-One is missing a door.....It would be nice to make a good one out of the two
    so I have a nice spare for my F2.

The door is held on by a pin, is this just one pin or two :- one top one bottom ?

If it is just one pin it should be possible to knock it out with a fine punch, if it is 2 then I will need to cut the donor MB-1 corner off to remove the door with the pins
    and pull them out.

Has anyone been there ?

Johnkpap

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    John I'm not familiar with that pack outside of just seeing a picture but my gut feeling is that you should be able to drive the pin out regardless if it's a solid pin thru or two pins. It's probably just one pin tho. If you drive it in a little it should pop out the other side if a sold pin thru.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's done and fixed.....No more Engraved Mb1 :- gone to parts box heaven

It was very easy to remove the door, the hinge pin is built like a watch band, 2 pins and a spring in the centre

you just poke a fine screwdriver in and ....Pop!! off it comes that easy.

You just have to love old Nikon gear It was designed to be repaired quick....down time was bad for Nikon
    they had real photograpers depending on them back then.

Now it is a case of find the nearest bin .....and buy a new one it can't be fixed..thats how it is made NOW!!!.

Johnkpap

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin