Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,949   Online: 1101

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

6x9 Sliding Box Camera

I've just finished making a 6x9 sliding box camera... the only caveats for me were that it had to be cheap (really cheap), use the 6x9 DDS that I've had in the cupboard for about 5 years, and the old brass, rapid rectilinear lens also sat in the cupboard for about 2-3 years. In the end, it cost me £3.50 for the matt black paint to blacken the inside of the camera, but other than that it was 'free' - made from plywood and whatever I had knocking around in the garage!

It's not a pretty camera to be sure...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7101676293_e68a20efa2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	49825

But here's the second shot I made with it (paper neg, developed in cafenol).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6957026740_726b3c8a78.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	49826

You can find out a bit more about the camera, and the first image, at the Creative Image Maker blogsite (link below). I can't tell you how much fun it is to build a simple camera, shoot an image on paper then develop in coffee... and get a reasonable result
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vickersdc View Post
    It's not a pretty camera to be sure...
    What? She is beautiful! Congrats and inspiring!
    Andy

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I too think this camera is inspiring, and the price is a bonus

Now raise its own gallery and show what you can do together

PS edit - I have just looked at your blog and you are obviously proud of what you have done and enjoying yourself - My question is have you considered using commercial ortho film, that you can cut under red light, and using traditional MQ toxic sludge to develop your images? - My feeling is that paper negs are the limiting factor in this process - I am going to cop flak for that, but by then I will be in the darkroom for the day so won't get hit by it

John
    Last edited by John Austin; 04-22-2012 at 08:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin