Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,730   Online: 892

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well, last night, I exchanged top plates on my Leicaflex SL, and reduced the tension on my Leica M4

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Massaged a dent out somewhat on the prism of my FM2n. Still visble, but it's not as noticeable. Also replaced the rewind knob, shaft, and bearing/latch assembly with one from a much later FM2n that didn't make noise when rewinding film.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Last weekend I cleaned and regreased the focusing helical of my Contax Zeiss 18/4

Yesterday I opened, cleaned and regreased my Planar 85/1.4. Now I can not put it back together again...;(

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got the rear standard of a given-to-me-for-free-albeit-in-horrible-condition Cambo SC completely rebuilt and refinished. Now it's time to start on the front, and to clean up the main rail. Most of the painted surfaces are okay, but all of the fasteners and bare metal areas are showing rust/corrosion, so I have to take everything apart, clean it, de-corrode it and then repaint whatever needs it. I think some people will say that it's a camera not worth rebuilding since a good one only costs about $150 or so...but I had all of the supplies I needed, already, so I currently have $0 invested in a decent 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Heath View Post
    When I clean lenses, they are completely disassembled. The cameras I use are 40+ years old. I rarely touch my lenses normally. When they are on the camera I use spray eyeglass cleaner I get at the drug store and a small terry cloth towel
    rn
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    not a fix but, i made a simple thick card stock lens board for my durst enlarger as i couldnt find the correct lensboard for sale that fit the non standard 150mm lens i put on. two pieces of thick cardstock glued together, I cut a beveled edge by hand so it could lock into the retaining clips and screw like the oem lapala board. blackened it all up with sharpie, and sealed the cardstock edges with clear nail polish so they wouldnt fray with mounting and unmounting. was leaking a bit of light so i put some foam strips on the edge all the way around as well.

next time ill make one out of wood or plastic, but I didnt have any around in the right thickness this go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All last month I kept promising to do maintenance CLA on a 135mm Optar in a Synchromatic shutter, I'll make today the day!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Got a couple Nikon DP-11 finders working properly, so they weren't jumpy anymore. Ring resistors were a little dirty, so ran the wipers back and forth over them a few times. Smooth as glass again. Also cleaned off the black paint from one DP-11's nameplate. At the moment, have a MS-1 battery clip soaking in some vinegar overnight in hopes of getting rid of the corrosion on everything.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well the day after Christmas, I dug out a 1950 Pacemaker, that I had gotten from an acquaintance who knew I shot film, back in July. He had been given it, several years ago, but it was just parts and body. The bellows and leather looked good, but wondered if all the screws, parts, ect where there. Finally, I decided to give it a try.
    Well it has been interesting, never done anything like this before, in the end there where only three wood screws missing, and one machine screw, which I had to make and adapt from a round head.
    What evidently happened somehow, is a screw got loose inside the body release mechanism, and bound up the release trigger, and the original owner put it aside.
    Couldn't have done it without the help of Charles Monday on another Forum.
    So, now I got two speeds, a 3x4 and this 4x5. It will be strange not having to cut film for the 4x5. ;-)

Have a great year, and may the images flow with the creativity going through you, and lighten up your life .. ;-)

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an Ansco Viking Folder that seems to be a 4.5.It, too, looks swell but the focus ring will only go between 5 and 10. It's to pretty to leave on the shelf. I must try to fix it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin