Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,366   Posts: 1,682,936   Online: 653

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    A Pax 35, got the shutter functioning by itself but it still needs the shutter button linkage tuned in to make it work as normal. Also, the RF image doesn't move with focus so I'll have to pull the top off and see what's up with that.

Such a cute little camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Replaced the foam on the rear of my wista sp when I was checking for light leaks. It was pretty much breaking down on contact. Hopefully that solves the issue my camera was having when the micro adjustments on the back were used. I removed and checked the bellows with a small led in the bathroom and all was well so hopefully it was this foam that was causing it. Also went ahead and replaced a tiny 3mm strip of foam where the film holder lies. The rest of the seals were felt that was in very good condition so I did not touch it.

Also took apart and cleaned my Schneider 60mm f4 apo makro lens, that had dust between the cells. I have used this on extension ring in the past for 35mm, but I mounted it on the wista and works for very close up images. It does focus at a normal range, but the image circle is very small, i think the tech manual said 60mm. using it for macro the image circle becomes much greater so I have enough coverage thats even. I will work up a method to get a more secure mount for it though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The rangefinder on my beloved Olympus XA.

The camera has been serviced some time ago as the meter began to show different values in the viewfinder to those selected by the camera (quite common I hear) but they put the rangefinder slightly out of alignment while fixing the meter. It was an easy fix.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Refoamed both my Konica TCs.

Alas

one intermittently jams its double exposure interlock
    the other does not hold its trapped needle auto exposure properly, but ok in manual of course

note one was a parts TC but got both to work ok the last set of faults nearly a decade ago.

The 40mm /1.8 is a nice fast and compact wide for a SLR.

Previous task was fixing a FM shutter capping gave up for the moment as the shutter module needs to come out and dipped in Zippo, it seems to have injested old foam onto its rail system.

Do that over Xmas holidays...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still on my Mionlta HiMatic 7s mission.

Opened the lens assembly of one that was having intermittent shutter freezes and a bad lens wobble. Found a mounting screw rolling about in the lens barrel (not in a space that could have hit glass or the helicoid, but yeah, there's your wobble). Cleaned the shutter & iris with 90% iso (all I had handy... I like coleman fuel for this but the stuff is so explosive). Worked like a charm though, the usual "pop" after a bit of a bath as the shutter snaps closed again (amazing how pleasing that is!). Iris now smooth to boot. Put it all back together and the lens has very minimal play. The last bit is likely the big shutter retaining ring at the rear... but that is huge, gory surgery to get to.

My $15 eBay lens spanner worked like a champ, very pleased with it.

Funny, there are dozens of "loose lens" and stuck shutter posts on google for this camera, with dozens of people saying it's one of the toughest nightmare lenses to work on. One retaining ring and three screws? I found it easy and all the parts make sense for reassembly.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Bought a Canon 7 on eBay described as shutter not working, popped off the bottom cover, 5 mins of jiggling stuff around later, it's firing off at all speeds.

Will still go through the top cover and clean up all the glass but it's a dang nice camera for $49.

Also fixed up a Yashica Electro GT, shutter was truly inop due to no pad of death, so got that situated and everything cleaned up. Now just need to get a battery in it and make sure all the Electro bits are good. Now I remember why I prefer my Canonet to the Yashicas, even if the Yashica has a better lens...the build on the Yashica does not impress even though it's not specifically poorly constructed.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

What did you fix today? (part 2)

My FD mount adaptation of several years ago for the Medalist Ektar 100mm f:3.5 cracked, so I found an EOS T-mount adapter that fit perfectly in the tube and epoxied it in place, and it's working better than the previous version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413187153.205751.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	96031
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 10-13-2014 at 12:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Finally got around to figuring out what element was flipped in a Meyer Optik Gorlitz Primoplan 58/1.9. Turns out it's actually a nice lens...resolution falls off fast away from center but it's got a nice look about it. Needs a deep hood, though.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    My FD mount adaptation of several years ago for the Medalist Ektar 100mm f:3.5 cracked, so I found an EOS T-mount adapter that fit perfectly in the tube and epoxied it in place, and it's working better than the previous version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413187153.205751.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	96031
    Looks like a nice adaptation. Does this Ektar hold up to it's name?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    24/2.8 AI Nikkor that was in pieces... Needs a rear element, but it's back together, aperture ring works properly, focusing ring is smooth, etc... Got a bunch more Nikkors to play around with.

-J
    APUG: F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 35/2 O, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC
    'tax gear: Spot II, 55/1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin