Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,978   Posts: 1,523,689   Online: 1131

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Picked up a couple parts cameras today. A black Spottie with some mild brassing, but nothing major, and a chrome Nikon FM with some wear and missing rewind crank pieces. On the Spottie, they said the meter didn't work. Well, duh. It won't work without a battery. Popped in a 388 or whatever I had on hand, and meter responds to light. On the FM, I took apart the release lock for the rewind crank, reached in with a screwdriver, and popped the back. All the pieces (except for the crank handle) fell out. Put it together, and, it'll be useable once it has new foam installed.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The excess amount of money on my bank account... Oh, GAS, when will you ever stop...
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lightmeter of my sisters old MINOLTA SLR srt101b! Was hard to get by the proper photo-resistors that could handle light levels as low as f1.7@1/30, but managed to get some circuits going on that fix it. Maybe I will do some tutorial on how to fix ANY battery powered light meters.

A few weeks ago tunned my Yashica Mat 124g. Lightmeter works great and the shutter/aperture rings are now smooth! Also thinking of a tutorial for it, since seems to be a popular camera with lots of small easy to fix problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Gralab 300 from my darkroom, somehow the second hand went out of alignment as was zeroing out at 57 seconds. The fix didnt even require popping out the rivets, at the base of the hands are screws you can loosen and adjust. The minute hand is a simple flat head screw, and the second hand one is a allen head/ hex key. It is located inside the knob, there is a slot through the bottom of the plastic knob that allows you to put in a allen wrench. Just loosen adjust to zero, and re-tighten and your set.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally made a housing for my giant (6 1/2") No. 8 Packard Ideal shutter so I could mount it in front of my shutterless lenses.
    It only took two years of procrastination and an hour of actual work.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	318043_549028211793929_360891281_n.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	62302
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Next step in the Packard odyssey... successfully wired the sync to the PC jack on my Sunpak 383. With the Sunpak and a couple of slaves, I have all sorts of power to work with. Now to figure how to calculate exposures with my non-flash Luna Pro. (or without it... I don't really care how, but how DO you calculate levels for multiple light sources?)
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My "new" Ansco Viking 4.3 came and as feared the scale focus ring is frozen. I've removed the lens and now need to purchase some lighter fluid to soak the ring in....wish me luck! Otherwise the camera appears to be in great shape and I will have a lot of fun using it if I can get the focus to work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Frozen aperture diaphragm in a Mamiya 45mm f/2.8. Mainly, it was just arthritic from lack of use and dirt. A little lighter fluid cleaned it right up!

Unfortunately the same trick did not work on my Yashica MAT-124. The shutter is still stuck. Guess it will be paying a visit to Mr. Hama soon.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    2 rolls of Neopan 400. Testing a new (to me) vintage 1979 250mm lens on my 'blad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re-foamed a pair of Nikons (an F2AS and an F2w/DE1) with kits from Jon Goodman. So, two more cameras to rotate into use this year.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin