Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,983   Posts: 1,523,905   Online: 1036

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Due to an unfortunate encounter with the laws of gravity, my small paper cutter found itself to be in two parts, neither of which was capable of doing the job on its own. With a little bit of wood and some screws, I am back to happily trimming paper negatives for my 5x7 project.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Lens cap for a recently acquired Artar, plus a quickie plywood lens board. The cap was made from a 2" ABS pipe cap, turned on a micro lathe and lined with some self adhesive velvet. The cap will also serve as a shutter. The boarded was made from a scrap of 1/2" Struct 1 plywood which I planed down to 3/8" thus giving the plywood a smooth finish and consistent thickness. I then cut the rabbets and bottom edge chamfer with my table saw. No flange for the lens, it just threads directly into the lens board. All my fears about this type of mounting have been aliviated now that the lens is frozen in the board. On the plus side the front element which was frozen is now free thanks to efforts to remove the lens from the board. Guess the lens is now dedicated to the 2D until I decide to destroy the board.

Roger

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	318.1 KB 
ID:	63258Click image for larger version. 

Size:	325.4 KB 
ID:	63259

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I finished up my holga tilt lens (for shooting video on my Canon DSLR, and stills on some old Nikon film bodies) Pretty groovy! I do a lot of video so I built it on a rail mount.

Then I cleaned the mirror and screen on my wife's old Canon FTQL - big difference. I have developed a strange affinity for that camera. It's become kinda gorgeous in my eyes, and feels great in my hands. Just ordered a wide lens on eBay for it - $15 bucks!

Shooter
    Multi Format

What did you fix today? (part 2)

Not really a fix but last night I upgraded my LPL 670xl by swapping out the focusing wheel to the fine focusing wheel. It's a geared 5:1 ratio focusing wheel that's standard on the 4x5 machines but an optional accessory on the 6x7 machines. It's a very nice upgrade and I like it already.

Also I taped up and fitted some foam into a lens cap for the viewing eye piece on my micromega peak grain focuser. It had cracked and was quite loose fitting. Now the cap is snug and protecting the eye piece.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a couple of lenses mounted this way. (but not a 10" ) Don't yo just love when you accidentally fix something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    No flange for the lens, it just threads directly into the lens board. All my fears about this type of mounting have been aliviated now that the lens is frozen in the board. On the plus side the front element which was frozen is now free thanks to efforts to remove the lens from the board. Guess the lens is now dedicated to the 2D until I decide to destroy the board.

Roger

Click image for larger version. 

Size:	318.1 KB 
ID:	63258Click image for larger version. 

Size:	325.4 KB 
ID:	63259
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I've got a couple of lenses mounted this way. (but not a 10" ) Don't yo just love when you accidentally fix something?
    That's a 19" Artar.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    That's a 19" Artar.
    A little hard to read in the photo, but yes it's a 19".

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    A little hard to read in the photo, but yes it's a 19".

Roger
    The 16 1/2" is F:9.5, and IIRC the 14" and shorter lenses are F:9. 19" and longer are f:11, again IIRC.
    I use a 16 1/2" for portraits.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well I just fixed my AW-1 autowinder for my Nikon EL2 by stripping it down and replacing the motor gear with a brass one. It works a treat! Wonderful noise too - very old school.

Shooter
    Multi Format

What did you fix today? (part 2)

A black Olympus om4t, my first one in this color! Got it used, everything was ok besides a broken led illuminator light and a really stiff shutter speed ring. I cleaned up a bit of green gunk under the lens mount and shutter speed ring and decided to replace the the worn and scratched lens mount, internally worn shutter speed ring(worn from the ball bearing click stops over time), and the toothed ring(which is what attaches to the shutter speed ring and is what actually adjusts the gear on the bottom of the mirror box to change the shutter speed) all from a parts body I've been using up. I didn't attempt the illuminator light swap as my parts body has messed up circuits and my electronics skills are not the best. It will have to do for now, an i will use another body if I will be expecting to need it. Test roll of 400 speed film seems to have been fine and is hanging to dry now. Has anyone done the illuminator light fix?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin