Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,684   Online: 917

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A jammed Arca-Swiss B1 with RRS QR clamp. Protip: remove the rubber grip before putting the strap wrench onto the friction knob... Once I did that, I had it unlocked within a couple seconds or so.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 50/1.4 AI, 80-200/4.5 AI, 85/1.8 K, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After 20+ rolls through my Canonet QL17 with no problems...until the last frame of a 36 exp roll. When reaching the end of this roll the advance lever jammed at max stroke. After trying a few things, push this, turn that, I removed the bottom plate. What I found was the film transport indicator "red striped decal" had lost it's adhesion and had fallen off sometime before I owned the camera , making its way down through the body of the camera. When on the bottom plate it became lodged in the teeth of the two gears of the film advance linkage. I straightened out the decal and glued it back on to it's "little flag" under the top cover. I am happy to have found the problem. This "poor man's Leica" is a joy to use. If you have one, check to make sure the indicator is still visible behind the small window.

Shooter
    Large Format

Digital to 4x5 Large Format

I have just recently jumped back into photography as a hobby. Photography was a large part of my life for about 20+ years
    Then children and responsibilities took over. My 12x14 foot darkroom became more of a storeroom rather than a place to
    develop film. Anyhow, I was looking through You tube, and there was a gent attaching a digital camera to a 4x5 field camera.
    I was hooked! Even though this was put together badly, I knew that I could do on better. Not to mention the fact that I had two 4x5's and a vintage 8x10 field camera that was begging for a new life. So I did my homework, and found as much as
    I could about the subject ( of which there is not that much ) I made a prototype to mount my newly acquired Nikon D3100
    digital camera to my Calumet Wood Field 4x5 camera. I put the hole thing together, and it looks great. Now the hard part starts. How to make an image? I have been working with film for what seems like forever, but the new technology of digital cameras with all there buttons and bells---Frankly I'm lost. Included are picture's of my project. I need some pointers on the mechanics on getting a image on my camera. Any information would be greatly welcomed . Feel free to pass this along to other members that might have some information that they could share. My thanks to all the groups, and for the information that I have picked up that could never be matched. Thanks again, R delung ( from Seattle Washington ) where gray days are common.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCI0356.JPG   DSCI0372.JPG   DSCI0373.JPG   DSCI0374.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Considering the many meanings of the English word "fix", I have been waiting for someone to post a reply such as "I really fixed my ex-wife today." Such posts would have improved what is essentially a rather boring thread.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yesterday morning (Wednesday morning, since it's now Thursday as I type this):

Swapped the AI conversion ring from my somewhat beat up 50/2 Nikkor-H to a much cleaner specimen that I've had about as long as the beater. Also put a period correct prong onto the 200/4 Nikkor-Q which had the AI style prong on it, received when it got converted to AI. Later yesterday, I decided to figure out why the MD-2/MB-1 on my F2AS wasn't receiving power. Discovered that the contacts in one of the MS-1's were severely corroded. So much so, that the only way I could get them clean was to take a screwdriver and scrape the crud off. Works much better now.

-J
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 50/1.4 AI, 80-200/4.5 AI, 85/1.8 K, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Considering the many meanings of the English word "fix", I have been waiting for someone to post a reply such as "I really fixed my ex-wife today." Such posts would have improved what is essentially a rather boring thread.
    I fixed a new old thermometer to the wall about a week ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    A very stiff Helios 44M6. This is just about everything I had to strip off to remove excess dry vaseline from the helicoid. Focusing is a lot smoother now, it rattles now though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I fixed a Canon T-50 with a stuck shutter so it will never EVER be able to be used again--I dismantled it for parts.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Converted my 135/3.5 to AI spec, using the ring from a donor that I received from evilBay. Did the job in the car at the PO. 5 minute job.

-J

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A 1936 Silvertone table radio. But I was thinking about photography while I was doing it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin