It wasn't actually today, but I recently repaired the bellows on my Polaroid Land Camera 100. There were some pinhole leaks along the creases and corners, which I patched using liquid electrical tape. It took several coatings before some of the pinholes disappeared when examined using a flashlight on the outside. I also used some flexible rubber cement to adhere part of the vinyl (?) external covering on the underside of the bellows.
Even after opening and closing the camera several times, the repairs seem to be holding! I've now got a perfectly functional instant camera.
3 rolls of Delta 400 in Hypam
An oil leak on the car.
Does that count?
"All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."
The desk at work is too high and using the computer hurt my back.
I raised the chair and put a wooden block for a foot rest. My back still hurt.
Today I borrowed some tools and lowered the desk top one inch. My back feels better already.
Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!
Nothing beats a great piece of glass!
I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.
If it's a British car it won't run now.
Originally Posted by Ming Rider
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
Not really a fix, but a find. I have had a Voigtlander Collinear Series II lens for awhile, having bought it for virtually nothing at a show. It's an ugly bugger but it should still take some nice images. Only problem was that the barrel it came in had had all the leaves of the aperture removed. Wide open was it, and I wanted some other choices.
At another show, I picked up a 1945 Ektar 7 1/2" projection lens on an enlarger board like I've never seen before. It, too, was dirt cheap (get the pattern here?) I didn't know what to do with either of these ugly ducklings when I bought them, but I can seldom pass up a good deal.
Today, I found that the barrel from the Ektar is an exact fit for the cells of the Collinear–same spacing, same thread–and the flange on the funky enlarger board fits a Wolly Sunray 6" projection Petzval I've had for years without a flange. Bingo! Two fixes with one try. I then called it a day and went in to have something in a glass.
Received my flat blade Optical spanner from SK Grimes and opened my Schneider Kreuznack Symmar 5.6 150.
Mobile black marks were paint flakes as suspected. Cleaned and reassembled.Thank You Mr Grimes for a most excellent tool and to those telling me what tool to use. 50 more years of life in the lens perhaps.
Today I took the top off my Nikkormat FT2 . The sheet metal on the pentaprism was all bashed in, so I spent some time tapping it out. I have a big paper cutting machine with a machined bed--nice and flat, makes a perfect anvil to hammer against. Now the pentaprism isn't perfect, but it's a lot prettier than it was when it was all bashed in.
My newly acquired Ensign King enlarger, free from a moderatoror on a UK Forum earlier this year. I found a nice 6" Dallmeyer enlarger lens on Ebay last month to go with it, I had one similar but unfortunately stolen with some other lenses a few years ago, this one's coated.
So far I've stripped it all down and have been cleaning up the wood work, it's been sanded down and lightly French polished, a bit more sanding and more French polish and it'll be done, I want the finish to be as close to riginal as possible so no modern lacqeurs. The condesers are for quarter plate but the plate holder will take larger if I make the relevant adapter. I need to check but the condensers are on a board that's interchangeable and I have a larger set I used to use with a point source enlarger, they may just fit. Should be OK for Half plate and 5x4.
The enlarger had been converted many years ago to use an electric bulb, a nice part is that side panel on the lamp housing has a safe-light filter. There's not much to do, the metal work of the lamp housing needs rust treatment and then painting, then there's a metal piece missing on the rear that will require fabricating - that'll be the hardest job, then some wooden lens boards but I make these routinely. There's also the original red lens filter that will need a new filter fitted, I may try and find a secondhand glass filter or sandwich the relevant acetaes beween glass.
I also acquired a paper holder by chance last Autumn this sits in front of the enlarger and holds the paper vertically, I may use it as a model to make one more suited to this Ensign enlarger
So tomorrow I'll maybe finish the wood work and start on the lamp housing.
Some like Gandolfi's others Deradorff's, I've just love Houghton cameras mainly by chance and now have 3 field cameras (quarter, half and whole plate) two Ensign SLR's (quarter plate and 6x9 roll film), plus a couple of 6x9 (& 6x6 dual format) folders one's an 820 Selfix the other a Ranger (I think) but I'm fitting an unknown 107mm f4.5 Ensar which appears to be a prorotype Xpres.
Scored a user-grade Mamiya C220+80/2.8 from the classifieds here. Clean glass, shutter runs well, etc but I found the focus to be noticeably out. About 0.8mm difference between film plane and ground glass so I cut shims from a baked-beans can (drill and tinsnips!) and jacked up the GG. For future reference, Heinz cans are all but exactly 0.2mm thick
Now I just need to run another test roll. Looks like it will be a really fun candid-portraits camera, though it's (understandably, the optics being 20+ years older) not as sharp or contrasty as my RZ67 lenses.