Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,282   Online: 847

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A 5x12 inch foamcore contraption similar to earlier 5x7. Some upward shift and means to fix the film in the holder are needed, other than that the result is quite OK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5152.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	56583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5154.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	56584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5151.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	56585

First somewhat successful sample on Kodak Aerographic PX:

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    P67 snout mod machined over a couple of mornings
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR5XpwbFKa0

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not up to the level of a lot of the camera built at home, but it was darn easy. Transplanted a 65mm f8 onto a Holga 90mm. Now have a 6x12 that weighs in at 500grams

Plastic65

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Regarding the Angulon/bakelite camera above, a simple but powerful combo. I'm thinking of doing something similar.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never been here - very nice, very inspirational. It's a pity that so many pictures have apparently vanished from the old thread, but still..

This is quite a "coming out" - I didn't know there were so many like me... I have also been "making" some cameras, though not as perfect as many of the ones shown here.

Here, for example, is my 6x14 panoramic camera, that uses up the entire image circle of the super angulon attached. Initially, I wanted this to be a 6x14 roll film back for a Plaubel 4x5 view camera (a Peco Junior), but then I went all the way to make a new camera, with two graflex 6x9 backs hacksawed to make one 6x14.

The helicoid to hold the Angulon is from an old Konica 1,7/50 and the grips were provided by my father in law, who knows how to treat wood...

The resulting pictures are quite nice, however, since I need to stop down a lot to make the vignetting go away, the camera does not quite fullfill the promise of being a handheld camera, at the necessary shutter speeds...

Hope you like it anyway.

Regards,

Sven
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image015.jpg   image017.jpg   image018.jpg   image022.jpg   album_pic.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Impressive piece of work Sven, don't think I would be game cutting into the roll film backs like that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is that an f8 65mm SA? I f so, I didn't think it would cover that much.

I did a similar conversion to an Olympus 50mm lens for a focusing mount. As you have probably discovered, it takes a few dismantled lenses until you find one which can accommodate the rear lens element.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice camera. And lovely test shot too. It evidently works very well. Good job.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Not up to the level of a lot of the camera built at home, but it was darn easy. Transplanted a 65mm f8 onto a Holga 90mm. Now have a 6x12 that weighs in at 500grams
    Nice work, great bang for the buck.

With those Holga bodies there are two issues:
    1) you need to tape the inside to get the rid of reflections
    2) watch out with the tripod socket, re-glue it or reinforce with screws or something similar. my 6x12 holga with 65/8 SA fell off the tripod, the plastic thing with tripod socket decided to separate from the camera body, leaving nice large hole. with ruining the film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's some images of the second bellows I just completed. As some of you may have already read, it's actually just a little smaller than I was thinking and a little less square too, in that it's not, square.

Anyway, it will still work and once I've built the rest of the camera around it I'll post some more images.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bellows.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	621.3 KB 
ID:	57690

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin