Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 778

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Impressive piece of work Sven, don't think I would be game cutting into the roll film backs like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image005.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Is that an f8 65mm SA? I f so, I didn't think it would cover that much.

I did a similar conversion to an Olympus 50mm lens for a focusing mount. As you have probably discovered, it takes a few dismantled lenses until you find one which can accommodate the rear lens element.

Steve.
    Schneider states an image circle of 155mm at f=16, and the 140mm wide image needs about 150mm. The image circle is indeed covered even wide open at f=8 (if you can call it that). The truth however is, that the vignetting is awfull and forces you stop down a lot.

I also have a number of not suitable 50s (i.e. what is left of them) in the drawer...

Regards,

Sven

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have posted a link elsewhere but I might as well add it here.

My last attempt at making bellows: http://stevesmithphoto.webs.com/bellows.html

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember the post.

much the same as the technique I use, only mine isn't laser cut and doesn't taper... kids and their modern toys eh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first camera built completely from scratch: naturally, it's a pinhole
    The experience was useful, and will be used once I decide to finally make a wide angle (6x12?) camera built around the Caltar 65/8 lens I have… Well, one day, perhaps. Until then, it's pinhole for me: focal length 30mm, laser cut pinhole 200 microns. Should be fairly wide: I have yet to put a roll thorugh it - just finished it this evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF7422.JPG   DSCF7423.JPG   DSCF7425.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format

www.meinezersaegtenkameras.de

I have put together a small website showing my camera DIY projects, including my latest toy, a roll film camera with Canon EF mount, to use the Canon TS-E 4/17 tilt shift lens on film:

Please have a look, if you like:

http://www.meinezersaegtenkameras.de/Ehome.html

Regards,

Sven

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Pix of your home-built cams, mods and creations here please (part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by stormy_weather View Post
    I have put together a small website showing my camera DIY projects, including my latest toy, a roll film camera with Canon EF mount, to use the Canon TS-E 4/17 tilt shift lens on film:

Please have a look, if you like:

http://www.meinezersaegtenkameras.de/Ehome.html

Regards,

Sven
    Oh I like the one of the cathedral doors and the woods (one of the 6x14's) I didn't see any Canon links.

Why 6x14 and not 6x12 like most manufacturers?

Thanks.

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The "Canon" is the "Kiev EF" (http://www.meinezersaegtenkameras.de/Ekiev%20ef.html), a Kiev with a Canon EF mount.

As for 6x12 or 6x14, the plan was to use up the image circle of the Super Angulon as much as possible, which led to the 6x14 format. In hindsight this maybe wasn't a good decision, a) because of the vignetting and b) because the format sits somewhat between "just wide" and real panoramas, neither fish nor fowl.

Regards,

Sven

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Pix of your home-built cams, mods and creations here please (part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by stormy_weather View Post
    The "Canon" is the "Kiev EF" (http://www.meinezersaegtenkameras.de/Ekiev%20ef.html), a Kiev with a Canon EF mount.

As for 6x12 or 6x14, the plan was to use up the image circle of the Super Angulon as much as possible, which led to the 6x14 format. In hindsight this maybe wasn't a good decision, a) because of the vignetting and b) because the format sits somewhat between "just wide" and real panoramas, neither fish nor fowl.

Regards,

Sven
    Oh! That looks sweet!! Make me one please!

And isn't 6x12 the standard medium format panorama anyway? Just as 24mm x 64mm is the standard 135 format pano? Or is the medium formst 6x17 for visual reasons? I forget now... Haha all I know is scanners that scan pano film strips only accommodate for 6x12.

My Mamiya 7 has a "true panoramic" 35mm insert that creates the 64mm wide x 24mm high image on 35mm film, that's why I assumed 6x12 was pano since its the same proportions. Or is it? I'm tired and my brain doesn't want to do the math ratio (even if I know it's simple) Gnight for now, feel free to respond with mockery... Lol

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    My Mamiya 7 has a "true panoramic" 35mm insert that creates the 64mm wide x 24mm high image on 35mm film, that's why I assumed 6x12 was pano since its the same proportions. Or is it?
    No. 6x12 is twice as wide as it is high or a ratio of 2:1

64x24 is just over 2.5:1

Steve.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin