Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,409   Online: 775

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Pix of your home-built cams, mods and creations here please (part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    No. 6x12 is twice as wide as it is high or a ratio of 2:1

64x24 is just over 2.5:1

Steve.
    Yes, I somehow am losing it, I think my instruction booklet for my mamiya 7 35mm pano insert was for the mamiya 6 and I'm just recalling the 2:1 ratio mentioned in the booklet for the 6 even though I have a 7, I think that's where my confusion lies.

In other news, here's a mod for a 70mm daylight tank for 15 feet of film at a time...

Yup, that's a single roll of film hanging in the shower...

The tank has a bit of light leak, if anyone has a REAL daylight tank I'll buy! Lol

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Even in practice nothing is standard anyway, my 6x12 Holga is 50mm x 120mm, the DaYi roll back is 56mm x 115mm.....

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Oh! That looks sweet!! Make me one please!

And isn't 6x12 the standard medium format panorama anyway? Just as 24mm x 64mm is the standard 135 format pano? Or is the medium formst 6x17 for visual reasons? I forget now... Haha all I know is scanners that scan pano film strips only accommodate for 6x12.

My Mamiya 7 has a "true panoramic" 35mm insert that creates the 64mm wide x 24mm high image on 35mm film, that's why I assumed 6x12 was pano since its the same proportions. Or is it? I'm tired and my brain doesn't want to do the math ratio (even if I know it's simple) Gnight for now, feel free to respond with mockery... Lol

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same 6x17 as before. But now with modified finder mask and a level. Also done up cosmetically. And this time I put a little effort in taking a good picture of it.

I Adore by Eirik0304, on Flickr

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice.

What are you using for lens board clips?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I 'm amazed at many of these home built cam's. How do you determine the film advance distance for roll film designs?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here are my two modified Nikon Fs. The left hand one has had the mirror box removed and has a leica thread mount. It is used with an external viewfinder with my 15mm Heliar. It is entirely successful and is quieter than my Bessa L. The right hand one is being converted to coupled rangefinder. The rangefinder that I am using is from a Konica Auto S3. I hope to finish it soon.
    Norman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nikon 3.jpg   nikon 2.jpg   nikon 1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    Here are my two modified Nikon Fs. The left hand one has had the mirror box removed and has a leica thread mount. It is used with an external viewfinder with my 15mm Heliar. It is entirely successful and is quieter than my Bessa L. The right hand one is being converted to coupled rangefinder. The rangefinder that I am using is from a Konica Auto S3. I hope to finish it soon.
    Norman
    Well all the Cosina made rangefinder cameras Bessa, Zeiss Ikon, Epson etc are based on an SLR with the mirror box removed, and the Zenit C is a Leica copy rangefinder body witha mirror box so it's not an unknown concept After all the Nikon F isn't that different to the Nikon SP.

So interesting projects good luck.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Nice.

What are you using for lens board clips?

Steve.
    Hooks to hang pictures, cut off at the bend.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Ian, when I was first thinking about doing it I asked for suggestions on a couple of other forums and the consensus was that I was daft to try.
    I have also modified Nikon Photomic prisms by removing all the electrics, cutting down the chassis and making a new top to produce my own version of a standard prism for a cost of £20 instead of £120 that they sell for. As you can see they are not as pretty as the Nikon original but they do the job.
    Norman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prism.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    the consensus was that I was daft to try
    That's quite often all the encouragement I need!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin