Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,521   Online: 1035

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob, most DIY roll film cameras use the film counter numbers imprinted on the backing paper, and a hole with a sliding cover to see the number as it come around. The position of the hole depends on weather your shoot 6x45, 6x6 or 6x9. If you want to shoot 6x7 your out of luck..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Bob, most DIY roll film cameras use the film counter numbers imprinted on the backing paper, and a hole with a sliding cover to see the number as it come around. The position of the hole depends on weather your shoot 6x45, 6x6 or 6x9. If you want to shoot 6x7 your out of luck..
    So how would the advance distance be figured for example the 6x17 below? Guess I could ask the builder, eh?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    use frame number 1 - 3 - 5 - 7 on the 6x9 frame counters. My counter hole for a 6x17 is in the middle of the camera. 2 6x9 frames leave a nice space between images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Makes sense. Thanks.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On my 6x14 I use the Graflex film back counter plus an individual add on turning angle of the knob, which I have established beforehand (and put on a small table on the camera). So frame 2 is at counter position 2 plus 1 and 1/4 turns of the knob, frame 3 is at counter position 4 plus half a turn, and so on. To make this more accurate, I have "engraved" a kind of a windscale on the knob.

Regards,

Sven

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cosina Stereo K

I have meanwhile added another camera to my camera DIY site, a stereo SLR with Pentax K mount: http://www.meinezersaegtenkameras.de...%20stereo.html
    Regards,

Sven

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nothing much to show here other than me managing to get my CNC router to cut brass today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brass.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	60389

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Nothing much to show here other than me managing to get my CNC router to cut brass today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brass.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	60389

Steve.
    Yeah, this would be exciting to me. The metal pieces that hold the lens board onto my Speed Graphic have gone walkabout. In addition, the bottom piece for the same on my Burke & James. I'm taping boards to my cameras. Heh.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

DIY 8 X 10 camera complete

Finished my first home built camera this morning, using two store bought pieces from Skink (the pinhole and the tripod socket). Now if I can just complete the next two weeks of school and spend a little time with the camera. Plan a project next semester with this camera and making contact Ziatype prints and perhaps some others. It was a fun project with some help from folks here at APUG. John Goodman supplied the light seal material. Bill Barber
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails camera 1.jpg   camera 2.jpg   camera 3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nsurit that looks amazing and probably works out cheaper than one of those Ilford pinehole cameras lol

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin