Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,091   Online: 902

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzie View Post
    Yes Steve. As it stands it will take Type 100 pack film and 120 rollfilm (up to 6x9). But without too much work a 545 Polaroid back can be adapted, or you can use a ready adapted NPC back for 4x5. Admittedly not with full coverage, but the opening in the baffle halfway through the body can be widened, no problem. Exactly why it's there at all is a mystery. The body is cast in one piece and tough as nails.

The good thing about the 600SE system is that is so extensive. Extension tubes to the rear for macro, all sorts of 120 backs, finders (ground glass, 45 degr reflex) etc etc. The list goes on.
    Are the 600se and the mamiya clone basically interchangeable? Or is one better for some reason,

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Are the 600se and the mamiya clone basically interchangeable? Or is one better for some reason,

I think the only difference was that the Mamiya had a wider range of lenses - the only thing that couldn't be swapped between the 2 systems...
    I'm happy to be corrected tho'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

The 600se is more like a specific version of the Mamiya Universal, made by Mamiya for Polariod. The most significant difference is a different lens mount, and that the Mamiya has a wider selection of lenses (the 50mm, 65mm, 100mm and 250mm lenses are only available for Mamiya). I believe the back adaptor system also is different, but the 600se can use Mamiya roll film holders with the appropriate adaptor.

Great cameras in any case, although large and heavy.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right you are Trond. The lens mount was deliberately change to avoid swapping between the two. And the only difference in the back adapters is the shape of the claw. The Mamiya claw is in one piece, whereas the Polaroid claw is split down the middle. In all other respects they are equal. The adapter can be swapped from one to the other (a matter of some screws) or the claws themselves can be moved from one to the other. I chose Polaroid because that was what I already had (CB103 backs, Graflex 23 adapted to Polaroid 600SE etc).

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/moribu...th/8962444804/ Here is my first contraption. Currently working on another, fancier one, stuck behind bellows.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello! New to the forums
    I'm been thinking about making my own camera, but wondering, when using a lens... is there a pinehole behind the shutter unit? or how do it even look inside your camera?
    Also when taking large photograph, what do you use for film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noyart View Post
    when taking large photograph, what do you use for film?
    Large film!

Most of the DIY cameras being discussed here are the folding field camera type (unless I'm mistaken). Most commonly, these use 5" x 4" or 10" x 8" sheets of film.

This type of camera is also normally used with a lens with integral shutter but they can also be used with a pin hole (no lens) or barrel lenses without shutters where some ingenuity is required to control the light.

EDIT: Actually, I assumed incorrectly. There is a good mix of all sorts of formats in this thread.

For some ideas, have a look through the 'workshop' section here: http://www.raymentkirbycameras.co.uk/

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 08-12-2013 at 01:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whilst it isn't finished, I thought I would post a picture of my current 5x4 camera build. Today it stopped looking like a pile of wood and brass and started looking like a camera. Hopefully not long now until I can start using it. I think I need to do something with the bellows though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera-2013.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	72931

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice Steve

This is probably cheating, as it isn't my design. It is a kit, some of you may have seen discussed here and there. The DUO by Kevin Kadooka. I assembled mine last weekend, painted even. This is how it turned out:

My Duo x 7 by Eirik0304, on Flickr

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is my plywood sliding box in a box camera. There is a salvaged 4x5 graflok back on the ... back. There is a 90mm Angulon lens on the front. It is painted black now. I've developed a sheet of film, and still need to track down a light leak, probably the worn felt on the graflok back.

Art should unsettle the comfortable, and comfort the unsettled.

My photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin