Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,747   Online: 783

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I also go with Jorge. It depends upon what type of gears we are discussing. If they are brass (or similar) gears, I would recommend graphite - you can purchase graphite powder at any auto parts store or simply take a #2 (or softer pencil - e.g. B) and use the graphite tip of the pencil on the gears. Graphite works wonders on brass gears!
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker
    There's a product called Slide-All marketed by Elmer's (as in Elmer's glue...) which consists of microscopic particles of Teflon in an aerosol spray. Once the propellent evaporates, the result is a dry lubricant. Overspray can be a problem, but it wipes up easily as long as it's in an accessible area. I've used it with great success to lubricate Grafmatic holders and occasionally rails on a field camera.
    And where do you get the Slide-All made by Elmers? Funny that you have to buy a lubricant from the manufacturers of glue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Monorail or Field Camera ?
    Most parts if kept clean are better off with-out any lubricants as the amount of use / movements will not cause much wear, however you can spray some Silicone onto a rag and apply it sparingly to moving parts, often it is the rails that rub together than need some lubrication, not the gears. Grit, sand or dust in /on gears is bad so do not use oil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Olivet
    And where do you get the Slide-All made by Elmers?
    I get it at the local Ace Hardware. I'm sure it's available at other similar retailers.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker
    I get it at the local Ace Hardware. I'm sure it's available at other similar retailers.
    Cool I'got one Ace hardware close by! Will check for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin