Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,695   Online: 802

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bellows Pattern...

Yesterday, I picked up a Polaroid Land Camera model 95 in a box of old cameras from my estate sale friend. One of the struts was severely bent, to the point where the camera would no longer close. I bent it back, but its ruined as a collectors item, and probably ruined as a modified user, if that's even a possibility.

So I was thinking about it last night trying to figure out what I was going to do with it. I don't want to throw it away, so I think I'm going to re-purpose it. Because this is a camera forum, I'm not going to go into details of the re-purpose, but I do need help remaking the bellows.

I've found this and this, as well as a youtube video on how to make bellows, but these all demonstrate square bellows of equal size. (well one is showing a conical bellows.)

I need to build some to replace the black bellows on the 95, and they are large at the camera end, and smaller at the lens end.

Would this be just a series of trapezoids, reduced in size in regular increments?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's quite complex but once you get your hed around it, it all makes sense.

I did lots of CAD drawings before I worked out what was going on!

The individual folds do not reduce in size progressively. The front fold is slightly wider than the back fold and this gives it the taper.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin