Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,832   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    By the way , there can be finer papers also , Use the highest number one , they come in a package , hand palm size. Be gentle and dont ruin the camera .

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, thanks all. The simplest response, from ixdude, probably will be what I will do: pinstriping tape over the numbers. And Mustafa, your filing is appropriate if the marks are deep and leave sharp borders. Paul's 'epoxy filler' is probably the best but the most complex.

When you are able to buy an SRT 201 with 1.7/50 Rokkor MD, 2.8/28 Rokkor MD, and JC Penney 80-200, all in near mint condition except for the pervasive engraving, all for USD 30 you simply buy without hesitation. - David Lyga

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sometimes you can buy top plates and bottom plates and just replace them. Someone doing Minolta repairs might have what you need or buy a parts camera.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, I have parts, but the problem is that the existing top and bottom are so pristine (otherwise) that any replacement would be a demotion! Life can truly be frustrating. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought a MD2 + MB1 for my F2 from KEH, marked down to $100 as it was engraved !! I took a chance and ordered it......

It turned out that the Engraved item was the MB1 I had a parts one in my BGN box that was missing a door, swaped the door from the engraved one.

You can get lucky some times.

I have bought a a number of engraved items over the years as the price was right (Govenment Auctions), the best way is to find a Broken Junk camera with a clean base or top plate and do a swap,
    I have managed to fill in engravings, using black paint and business card but the results have been always so-so.

Stay away from Rare cameras that are engraved as it is very hard to find a donor camera.

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One benefit of a camera that has someone else's Social Security or Social Insurance number engraved upon it is you can easily identify it as yours without having to disclose your own number!

You just have to remember the number engraved.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin