Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,146   Online: 1011

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Apparently something on one of my 500c/m bodies: While checking it out (running through the shutter speeds and apertures on my 80 CFT*) prior to taking it out on a hiking trip next weekend, I did something to lock up the shutter. I was able to remove the back to have a look inside but cannot see anything amiss. That said, I cannot remount the A12, nor can I remove the 80mm. Meanwhile the shutter remains open and a large flat pin on the bottom right (looking into the body) protrudes....
    And looking through my other Blad stuff testing it out...my 50mm does not open up: changing apertures on the barrel has no effect. Time for some professional help...
    See "How to unjam an Hasselblad"

http://www.dmin-dmax.fr/photoe2b.htm

BradleyK seems to be having a bad decade. Can someone help him with his Nikon.

Yes, I know that would not be in the spirit of this thread, but he needs some help now.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fixed the 500c/m; apparently a "sync" issue. Got the gist of the problem, but am hard pressed to determine exactly what I did during cleaning/prep that caused the issue...

The F5, for its part, apparently suffered only cosmetic damage (a nice crease along the left front of the body and a battery holder that - glued together - does not align as snugly as it once did). No damage to the lens mount and the electronics all check out. Meanwhile, Nikon in Toronto has yet to render their verdict on the 28-70ED...

Shooter
    35mm
    Today I broke a Minolta MC W.Rokkor-HG F2.8 35mm lens trying to open it, and clean oil off of the aperture blades. That is why I registered to APUG!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, mashcky24
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFstooges View Post
    I have a donor body with nicer eyelets and thought about swapping the eyelets
    I took off the top cover and saw the pin but could not figure out how to take it out. The eyelet itself has some clearance but I could not find a way to take out the pin. It is not a micro allen bolt and no protruding part to hold on.
    Oh and I assume this tread is for DIY repairs/mods so I don't have plan to take it to repair shop soon
    I hope you learned something. Take the parts off the junk camera first.

Kinda like replacing the transmission fluid in your automobile. Loosen the refill plug first before draining the transmission.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Nothing. I won't be breaking anything tomorrow, either. In fact, it's been decades since I broke anything I was working on.
    Me too. I will never break anything I am working on again. I have finally worked out I am not capable of fixing things so will not be trying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Fixed the 500c/m; apparently a "sync" issue. Got the gist of the problem, but am hard pressed to determine exactly what I did during cleaning/prep that caused the issue...

The F5, for its part, apparently suffered only cosmetic damage (a nice crease along the left front of the body and a battery holder that - glued together - does not align as snugly as it once did). No damage to the lens mount and the electronics all check out. Meanwhile, Nikon in Toronto has yet to render their verdict on the 28-70ED...
    Aftermath/Consequence of the 28-70ED's Faceplant:

"Repaired the aperture operation. Replaced the bayonet mount. General check and clean."
    Nikon Canada

Total cost of failing to properly tighten leg of Tiltall prior to mounting camera: $411.60
    A lesson learned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    broke apart a dry plate holder attempting to remove a plate . ... at least i saved the broken bits

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Broke a Nikkormat FTn top cover removing it from a junk body after the screw stripped out. Parting out three FTn's. If anyone needs parts to undo their damage, I have'em.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F FTn, FM2n, Nikomat FT2, Nikkormat FT3 - all blk bodies
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (for DPUG), 28/3.5 H, 35/2 O, 35-135/3.5-4.5 AF, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.4 SC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS

My FB - My flickr stream

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't wanna talk about it. Let's just say it involved a Nikkor 50mm 1.4 SC, and leave it at that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin