Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,684   Online: 739

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

What did you break today?

Kinda like the fixing thread, but lets face it not everything can get fixed.

Post your experiences with destruction.

Ill start off, today I put a huge gash across half a focusing screen while attempting to peel off tape from inside the mirror box of a OM-PC. Tape ripped, tweezer slipped, gash halfway across the screen.

On the upside, it was a junker parts body I got for only $10, and the screen that was removed is pretty bright inside my om4t, even with a huge black line across it haha.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A couple of weeks ago I got a very nice spanner wrench from SK Grimes to use on a bunch of lenses I have lying around. One was a 135mm Schneider Radionar for one of my Certo 9x12 cameras. The front elements are air spaced and full of haze, so, I thought, why not remove the retaining ring, clean the haze off and then I'll have a great and usable lens.

Sounded like a plan until I completely stripped the indents on the retaining ring and managed to jam it completely about halfway out. So even though the glass on the lens is fine it is now worthless unless I can find a way to get the ring off, but paying someone to do it will cost more than the lens is worth. Live and learn. Ouch.

Jonathan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    okay i'll chime in, although now the lens still works as it is when i got it (T, B, and one shutter speed on all settings) but now there's a part of it that is out of the shutter so i guess that counts as breaking something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Trying to juggle two cameras at my grandaughter's high school graduation event a couple of weeks ago, I dropped my F100 on the pavement and broke the lens. I thought the camera was broken as well, but managed to replace a piece of frosted glass that had fallen out and it seems to be working fine, although it has a few scuff marks. The lens isn't an expensive one, and can be easily replaced.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What did I break today?

"Wind"

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ken, I'm sure we'll soon be hearing from Fred Latchaw (AKA flatulent1).
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Weston master V died today, didn't break it just stopped working

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Apparently something on one of my 500c/m bodies: While checking it out (running through the shutter speeds and apertures on my 80 CFT*) prior to taking it out on a hiking trip next weekend, I did something to lock up the shutter. I was able to remove the back to have a look inside but cannot see anything amiss. That said, I cannot remount the A12, nor can I remove the 80mm. Meanwhile the shutter remains open and a large flat pin on the bottom right (looking into the body) protrudes....
    And looking through my other Blad stuff testing it out...my 50mm does not open up: changing apertures on the barrel has no effect. Time for some professional help...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Sweat !

I Moved From Long Island New York, To Hartsdale New York.

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My wallet
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin