Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,650   Online: 671

Shooter
    Multi Format

Got bored, here's another, Olympus RC w/ brown lizard skin

Decided to do this after a few drinks tonight, about an hour and a half from start to finish. My Olympus RC rangefinder which I picked up again earlier this week started to show signs of the leatherette lifting off at the squared edges. I peeled it off, cleaned the surfaces, and cut out the pieces from a giant lizard hide. Dry fit and then minor adjustments, and pliobonded on. I got two of the hides for ~$13 shipped, one already had a chunk used from it. A few DIY fixes and this once broken and aperture jammed camera, now looks quite nice and continues to snap great pictures.

Here are some pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340263779.893969.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	52747

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340263792.249914.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	52748

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340263803.436336.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	52749

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340263816.572424.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	52750

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Only last night I dug mine out to take it with me on a trip next week. I effectively got mine for nothing - bought a box of camera kit for a couple of specific Pentax items and found the 35RC lurking in the bottom with a dead meter and covered in grime. It cleaned up very well and I easily sorted the meter (lead disconnected from battery holder), renewed all the foam then covered it with green leather from Cameraleather. It takes excellent photos, both in terms of lens performance and exposure and has a lot going for it. A good carry everywhere camera, if a little larger and heavier than its more modern, plastic P & S competitors.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You got lucky! Mine is a similar story, dead meter, foam gone, aperture didn't want to open wider than f8 f11. Unfortunately after the battery compartment solder the meter didn't kick in. There's impact damage on the rewind top plate by the pc connector. The aperture was fixed after rebending a bent piece of metal which was blocking the end of its travel. I also had to sand off rusty spots from case and repaint.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ...I wish you would get bored around my cameras...
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    ...I wish you would get bored around my cameras...
    Haha I am taking requests for leicas, rolleis, blads, and plaubels, when I get bored with them... I'll send em back with a new cover...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    How about a Mamiya 7? Got one or two of them laying about
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin