Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,516   Online: 856

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta X-700 viewfinder issue

Up until a little while ago, I had no idea that my X-700 was designed so that one could view the current aperture through the viewfinder. Something seems to be lodged in the way of the mini-prism which has come loose, allowing a small sliver of light into the viewfinder (although the f/ number is still obscured). Is there an easy way to get at this part of the camera? I'm not looking to pay $30 for such a small function, but if it's only a matter of a few steps, I'd like to try and fix it myself.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you're comfortable taking the top cover off, it should be easy to spot and fix the problem. It's pretty straightforward but there are quite a few little rings and washers and whatnot to keep track of when you take off the dials.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    google "Minolta x700 Slr Camera Service Manual.pdf".
    Probably removing the nameplate at the front of the prism is sufficient (looks like 2 screws).
    Regards,
    Andreas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin