Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,639   Online: 811

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    I recently bought a Rolleiflex 3.5F off a farm wagon, at an auction, for 42.50 and sent it to Harry Fleenor for overhaul, can't wait to get it back.
    That's awesome. Harry does great work recently working on two of my Rolleiflexes. Just be sure to be sitting down when you get his email reporting to you the issues and the cost to repair. Then get comfortable as you will likely not get it back until almost Halloween. :-)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, we had that email exchange already. Good thing the camera was only 42.50. But, evereything I've read it'll be top notch when it gets back. He's quoting 10 week turn around...so that'll put it at the end of Sept. Can't wait.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vincent, I can highly recommend Paebke in Düsseldorf. Last year I bought on ebay a Cord "in very fine condition".
    When it arrived it was a ruin, rust and filth, the self timer was broken, cable release socket gone, shutter only partly working. Against evrybody's advice I decided to have it restored. Paebke did it - 300€ - and since then it has produced plenty of excellent negatives.
    good luck.
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phelger View Post
    Vincent, I can highly recommend Paebke in Düsseldorf. Last year I bought on ebay a Cord "in very fine condition".
    When it arrived it was a ruin, rust and filth, the self timer was broken, cable release socket gone, shutter only partly working. Against evrybody's advice I decided to have it restored. Paebke did it - 300€ - and since then it has produced plenty of excellent negatives.
    good luck.
    Peter
    Thanks Peter, That's good news! 300€ is an o.k price I think, I hope they won't charge me much more...

and btw, I found a sticker inside the camera from Paepke! Seems they've had this camera in for repair before.

and to mike who basically "stole" the 3.5f: congrats!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is an old thread, but for reference purposes: I bought an 2.8C which suffered from a badly affected rear lens. I discovered this much too late, because I had no dark room at the time, nor a scanner, due to relocation. When I found out I could not try to send it back.
    In the UK, I was told it was badly scratched and beyond repair. But somehow I did not believe it was, since the glass otherwise seemed immaculate.
    So I took a bargain, sent it to John van Stelten (Phocal Point, US) who can polish and recoat it if it concerns shallow marks or fungus.
    As it was the rear lens, it did not come cheap at $350, but it has been completely restored. I'll soon have a comparison with my beater 2.8F planar (perfect glass, only the shutter times wheel can be stiff, and deadly sharp).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin