Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,724   Online: 972

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak Tourist (cheap version) - lens removal?

Rummaging around through my camera stuff I discovered I own a Kodak Tourist - the cheap version with the Kodet lens and a "Flash Kodon" shutter. I think it came in a box with some other cameras.

I would like to try and use it, but there is some fungus on the inside of the front lens element. The front element does not simply unscrew by itself (or at least not easily). I've searched and found some instructions for dismantling versions of the Tourist with the better lenses and shutters, but none that I could find with this shutter and lens.

Any ideas on how the shutter/lens assembly comes off of the front standard? Any other tips would be appreciated.

I realize it's a cheap camera and picture quality is not considered great, but since I already own it, I'd like to be able to use it, and it might be good practice in the art of camera repair.

Thanks!
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    Just behind the shutter on the lensboard you will notice a tab and notch located on top. Take a small slotted screwdriver and lift the tab forward and turn the shutter assembly counter clockwise. The bellows have two small rivets that attach to the front standard. Shutter disassembly is up to you, never had one apart. Steven.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin