Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,777   Online: 918

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once repaired the connectivity of a printed-foil leader to a LCD display (of a telephone) by locally applied heat by means of regulated fine tip solder iron. I started a thread on it too.
    But meanwhile the same connection got loose again.

The proper repair would be to take off such leader complety and clean both surfaces. Then a special conductive tape must be attached to one of the the two surfaces and both brought together again. The tape is made by 3M in different types and sold in small strips on the net for cellphone repairs. There is a hint at these at some other thread on Apug.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Ok… need a little help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 17-04-14 at 10.27 AM copy.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	86358

I've got my camera taken apart, ready to repair, I have the 3m tape…. I am just not 100% sure which ribbon it is to undo and repair?

is it white ribbon to black connector directly above tinted RF window or white ribbon above viewfinder window??

I am hoping its the one i am pointing to in the pic

please help!

thanks!
    Kian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Kian,

I cant really see what you're pointing to in the picture but I'm also not entirely sure where the loss on conductivity is occurring. When I did this I just kind of guessed. Unfortunately my repair didn't last long and I've once again lost all of the information in the viewfinder. I have tried replacing the tape yet but I think I'll try that next (if I can find the tape). Also, I've read of similar repairs to other devices being done using regular aluminum tape which is conductive. Aluminum tape can be acquired at almost any hardware store so much easier to come by. I may just give that a try to see if it works.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin