Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,088   Online: 1069

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Reattaching separated bellows

I'm looking for suggestions for gluing 2 ply bellows that have separated. The inner and outer plies on my Crown Graphic 23 have come apart in one area and no longer fold properly. It's been suggested to inject an adhesive between the plies (thru the inner ply) with a hypodermic. I have two hypo's, a turkey baster size (way too big) and one sized for insulin (needle seems too small). Any suggestions on this? Any input is welcomed.
    Thanks,
    Gerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    I'd have to see and feel what is there to see what can be done---I would not recommend injection unless you can do it UNDER the flap--no puncturing

my camera had bellows coming apart starting at the seam and I was able to apply glue with a qtip--you have to get the paper stiffeners back in their proper places--best is to get them off and unroll them--then you can totally re-glue and repair them---the speeds I think may be difficult--you can get maybe the front off without too much trouble putting them back on--I think the backs are in there pretty difficult to deal with--but just getting the crap out of the way--putting the bed down and removing the front standard, will help tremendously...if most are together and you can get to the place--or most of the place, that's unglued, you can do a decent repair then---but no puncturing--and it's hopeless unless you can get the stiffeners back in their right place!!!--try to fiddle with it to move the stiffeners around to the proper positioon and then re-fold properly for a while...that helps a lot too..to get them "reformed" properly.
    Thanks for your input.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let me try and be specific for this problem. The 2x3 Pacemaker Crown and Speed Graphics have a seam on the bottom of the bellows and the seams have a tendency to separate. Take the front standard off of the rails to get a better working access to the lower side of the bellows. Coat both sides of the separation with contact cement and let the contact cement get tacky (10-20 minutes). Press the separation back together with the folds aligned and then let everything cure overnight.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin