Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,675   Online: 1179

Shooter
    Multi Format

Help requested with an Agfa Isolette III

Hi All.

I have an Agfa Isolette iii with a leaking bellows.

I've watched Denis Workman's video on removing a bellows and have attempted to remove the roller guides as he suggested by flexing the metal support at each end with pliers. But all that happens is that the base of the camera plate flexes upwards to meet the inner blacked metal plate with no movement around the base of the roller. As a result the latter stubbornly remains in the camera. As far as I can see the only possibility of getting the guides out is to apply pressure way to the metal support from the inside, pushing the supporting metal plates away from each other. Even then I can't see how this can be done without using enough force to damage the camera.

So how do I get these out?

And what sort of tool do I need to release the lens without scratching the blacking?

And advice? I'd rather be certain that I can get the camera apart safely before buying a bellows.

Chris B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hopefully someone can answer your question, because I need to work on an Isolette also!
    2bits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One thing you can guarantee about old Isolettes is that the bellows will leak! Can't help with the removal but I did buy a 111 through the classifieds here a while back. The bellows had been replaced with a blue one, looks great, and the Isolette is a fine thing....well worth the effort.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    One thing you can guarantee about old Isolettes is that the bellows will leak! Can't help with the removal but I did buy a 111 through the classifieds here a while back. The bellows had been replaced with a blue one, looks great, and the Isolette is a fine thing....well worth the effort.
    I've often wondered why Agfa put such a lousy bellows on such a good camera.

Chris B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chris,
    I have three original Agfa's, Isolette 1, 5, and a Ventura, none leak. But have seen a couple in disastrous condition. They had come from the US southeast. Lots of high humidity down there, which I suspect degrades the bellows material. I live in the US southwest, even our mountains are dry and arid, hence powdery snowfall. I've found if a camera was brought here early on, it's chances of survival were much greater, nicer bellows etc..
    2bits

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin