Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,314   Online: 794

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Konica FT 1 : taking the top plate off.

I am looking to modify a Konica FT 1 into a photofinish camera. While not absolutely necessary to take the top off, I am looking to bypass the electrical circuits to the motor . Is there anyone out there with experience in taking these apart?

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This info was on the konicaslr group site on Yahoo from an active member, Alan Myers:

[Excerpt from message #9660, sent on Tue Feb 17, 2004 by Alan Myers]

The FT-1 can be partially disassembled fairly easily, but I caution there are many delicate parts inside and it's not something I'd recommend.

With that said, you need to remove both the shutter speed dial and the rewind knob/ASA dial. The shutter speed dial is removed by unscrewing the little pin faced screw in the middle. There are special tools for this, or something can be made to do the job. Once that's off, the rest of the assembly lifts off. Observe the parts and their positions as you take them off, to be able to reassemble it all properly and most easily later.

Next, look at the rewind knob. With the camera back open, use something to prevent the fork that fits into the top of the film cassette from turning, and gently turn the knob counter-clockwise. It will unscrew. Under it you will find three or four more screws that hold the ASA dial in place. One is longer than the rest, again note all the parts and their positions.

I seem to recall there might be one wire to unsolder before you can fully remove the top cover, be very careful around the folded printed circuit boards inside the top cover! It's quite complex under there and I personally always leave this type of work to a professional camera technician, although I am pretty handy at many other things!

Alan Myers
    San Jose, Calif.
    Last edited by craigclu; 09-08-2012 at 11:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelled Alan's name incorrectly
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Well to make a photofinish type camera, all you need is a light tight box with a 1mm slit and a motor to drag the film past the slit. The ft1 I have is a train wreck anyway: I couldn't face the thought of screwing up a viable camera

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin