Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,726   Online: 843

Thread: Dead Nikon N75

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Dead Nikon N75

I bought a completely dead Nikon N75 for parts, to use the back door on it for a live N75 which had a broken latch.

When my parts camera arrived, while it was indeed truly "dead", it looked in pristine condition - no signs of dropping, immersion, or other abuse.

Then I got to thinking - I wonder if it could be fixed? What would cause electronics to die in the absence of obvious abuse?

I removed the base and examined the wires from the battery compartment and they seemed intact as far as I could see. Next I will remove the top and see if there are any visible problems with the on-off switch. Beyond that I'd be stumped.

I only paid 99cents plus shipping for it and it's worth that for the door, but I'd be grateful for any comments or suggestions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think that it is easier to move all the covering parts to your old N75, the result will be the same, a pristine and fully working camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well the working one is pristine too, except for the door latch. I guess I have to take the top and bottom off the parts camera to take the door off; I'll probably just check around the switch for broken wires and leave it that if there is nothing obvious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can download the 100+ page shop manual for about six bucks. Might be worth it as a new body can be $35 and up.
    http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.p...-repair-manual

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin