Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,492   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seals also keep out dust.

The Pentax LX does not use the usual type of foam to seal the back. It's more of a closed cell type, and in my 30-year-old LX it's still good as new.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    Cheap foam, is cheaper than the extra machining to tight tolerances to keep the light out.
    You're probably right, alas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have bought 2 cameras and a seal kit from Jon. He's as honest and trustworthy as they come! I wish more people were like him...

Kent

Shooter
    Multi Format

Jon Goodman is aptly described by his name!

Quote Originally Posted by BardParker View Post
    I have bought 2 cameras and a seal kit from Jon. He's as honest and trustworthy as they come! I wish more people were like him...

Kent
    I'll second that! I've bought a couple of his kits. He'll also work with you to make something to get your camera back in shape, if he does not already have off the shelf kits for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've gone through a couple of his seal kits now, excellent stuff, I may need some more though as I've another recently acquired RB back that needs re-foaming.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I sent him an email last week and he replied within 2 days, sent off the kit before I had even mailed the check! What a swell guy. I included a contact print and a little extra cash for being a saint in the photography world. We need more people like him around these days.

Thanks Jon
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thats good to hear. He dropped out of contact for a while. I bought some kits from him a while ago but later could not find any trace, and no response from emails.

-Glad to hear is still around. Great product. Great guy.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh and in regards to the foam.. the stuff he sources is way better than anything ive been able to find locally. And his kits fit better than anything ive been able to cut myself.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just got the Pentax kit today. Perfect. Definitely a saint to the analog world.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    Looking through this forum Jon Goodman was reccomended as a source for seal kits. I contacted him by email. This is the my post on PentaxForums.com:

Looking in apug.org for advice on resealing my Olympus OM-2n, Jon Goodman was cited as the go-to man for a seals kit with good instructions. He had been selling via ebay, but no more, so I sent him an email at jgood21967@aol.com He replied two days later, apologized for the delay (!) and said that if I sent him my mailing address he'd ship the kit off in the morning, and I could send him a check, money order, or cash for $9.00 plus $1.00 shipping at my convenience! Truly his name is what he is!

What a refreshing business model! And my check truly is in the mail.
    Am going with the recommendations here: I just emailed a request to purchase four foam kits for a couple of the F2s; each ((2xF2 (DE-1s), F2A, F2AS) is looking a little worse for wear. Nothing like being a little pre-emptive...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin