Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,930   Posts: 1,522,167   Online: 998

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    The lens stop down with very light pressure on the pin when I had it out of the camera. The diaphram doesn't look oily. However, when the lens is out the pusher plate move quickly and doesn't seem to have a problem.
    If you have the camera on you, open the back, set the shutter to B and fire/open the shutter so you can observe the plunger and pin from the inside. I had a problem with an Edixa where the pin was getting stuck between the plunger the bottom of the lens throat, I was able to see it happen by doing this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    If you have the camera on you, open the back, set the shutter to B and fire/open the shutter so you can observe the plunger and pin from the inside. I had a problem with an Edixa where the pin was getting stuck between the plunger the bottom of the lens throat, I was able to see it happen by doing this.
    There is no such pin when open the back of the camera. There is a bar that push the pin. This bar is pushed by a level. This level is mounted on the side of the mirror box but it can not be seen unless disassembled.

Shooter
    35mm
    There is no such pin when open the back of the camera. There is a bar that push the pin. This bar is pushed by a level. This level is mounted on the side of the mirror box but it can not be seen unless disassembled.
    I'm saying that you should be able to see the plunger in the camera, pushing the pin on the lens, if you looking in through the gate in the film plane when the shutter is open. If the plunger is not pushing all the way out against the pin, you should be able to see it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Funny, went to check and my rewind knob was missing. Be sure to cinch that down tight or it might fall off. Retraced my steps, went back where I was walking today and found the knob.

Now for your problem. With the lens off, inspect the bar that presses the pin when the shutter is activated. S3 does not have a meter switch, been a while since I had an S3V. The bar might be different than my Spotmatic F. On mine the bar is bent back on left and right sides so you can remove the lens or attach it and it won't shear the pin as you screw the lens on.

Check the shape of the bar and make sure it does not catch on anything. Maybe it's a little bent and hits the inside of the lens mount instead of moving forward freely all the way?

Good luck solving the problem.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Bill and all! I removed the front of the camera. Put a little oil in the level. It works ok now but I doubt it will be for long. I checked the shutter speed and it's all over the place. I think I will get rid of it although it's a very clean and nice looking camera. I hang on to my trusty KX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin