Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,631   Online: 1090

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pinhole "lensboard" for monorail view camera

There's this Cadet 4x5 view camera that I can borrow from school, and in addition to using it with normal glass I was thinking that I could create my own simplistic lens board with a pinhole instead of glass and do some messing around with that.

Does anyone ever do this sort of thing? Is there anything non-obvious that I should be aware of?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is nothing non obvious, as long as you calculate the right f stop for the PH you're using.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've done it for a B&J Press 4x5. If the lens board is basically a flat plate, it should be easy enough to do. Thin varieties of plywood with very fine plies are sold in hobby shops if you wanted to avoid metal or plastic. Likely a liberal coat or two of flat black paint would be in order. For limited use, mat board might be sufficient.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin