Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,498   Online: 856

Shooter
    35mm

Nikkormat back door hinge

I bought a beautiful Nikkormat, black, and it looks and acts like brand new. But...

one of the the back door hinges is corroded and 'gone'. The back closes perfectly and there does not seem to be anything loose. However, it would not take much to loosen that back as the only intact hinge is the upper one.

This hinge is held together by a metal pin. I have other Nikkormat backs from my parts stock, though not quite as new and pristine. If I do decide to change the backs does the pin punch out easily? Is there something that I should know beforehand? Thank you. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David,
    Here's a link for the ftn nikkormat parts catalog with exploded view.

Might help, but it's a good reference evrn if you can't decipher what you need.
    It took a bit to download, the pdf is quite large. http://benoit.suaudeau.perso.neuf.fr...kormat_FTN.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you. I will look at it when I get a few minutes (or hours!). But I think that this is just a pin a few inches long that might be able to be tapped out. Maybe this link will cover other matters that I had not yet thought of, Bruce. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Most hinge pins come out by tapping em out with a tiny drift pin chaser... I use a brad to get it started then pull it out the rest of the way with a flat jaw hemostat. Lube it with some WD40 first to get it moving easier.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin