Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,162   Online: 775

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the great advice, everyone! As it happened, I had an old Mamiya Sekor 35mm SLR laying around that was unsuitable for repair, so it gave one of its shutter curtains to the cause.

Now, after the repair has been made, I still have one corner at the top where there is a small light leak. I have seen references to using acrylic paint to patch little holes; is there a particular brand or type to use? And what is the best way to go about applying it?

Thanks so much again!
    Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is what I did with Sobo brand glue and black India ink.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/1...ows-patch.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that, Christopher! I already have this tube of contact cement from doing the repair; will any brand of cement work, so you think? Or is there something particular about Sobo?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would stick with PVA stuff... From the recommendations I've received it's the best stuff. The other things could possibly have chemicals that can eat through the bellows I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I fixed an old polaroid with liquid electrical tape, my 8x10 is next on that list.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin