Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,953   Online: 1105

Shooter
    Medium Format

Lens removal on Kodak Medalist

Hi all,

I picked up a used Kodak Medalist I. Shutter is "stuck" so I wanted to open it up and have a look. I successfully cleaned and freed up the shutter on my Century Graflex so I thought I would give this a shot. However, I believe I am stuck right from the get go. I can't seem to get the front lens off! I'm assuming it should just unscrew but I have tried rubber pads and other ways to get a grip with no success. Am I missing something? Any tips?

Thanks,
    Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an exploded diagram around here somewhere- I'll look at it and my M1 tonight or tomorrow.

David

Shooter
    Medium Format

Thanks!

Thanks boswald! I'd appreciate it.

Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you look at the rear edge, behind the speed ring, you will see four notches 90 degrees apart.
    These are to hold the shutter while you disengage the cocking lever behind(inside the focus tube).
    I have film in my camera right now, but you can look and see what holds it- just be careful of the
    cocking and tripping mechanisms. I'll try to finish this roll this week.
    Good luck, and hey! let's be careful in there!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin