Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,478   Online: 972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is no clockwork mechanism in the ST901. Clockwork mechanisms are for timing a fully open shutter. The higher speeds are achieved by narrowing the distance between the shutter curtains as they traverse.
    The ST901 has essentially the same mechanical shutter mechanism as the ST701 and ST801 manual exposure cameras, but does not have their clockwork mechanism to time speeds slower than 1/60, so it has no manually selectable speeds slower than that except B, nor does it have any speeds which are manually selectable and electronically timed. The manual speeds it has are mechanical and fully independent of battery power.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    Problem is the soldering of aged wires. But if it is only the one to the hotshoe maybe I will give it a try. Were you in the camera? Maybe we can guess what could be bloqued or missing. How is the delay between first and second curtain realised?
    Sorry, I missed this edit before. You should be OK to desolder and resolder any wires. The wires in the Fujica ST801 (and maybe 701) had Teflon insulation, and should be good. I would expect the 901 to be the same for any wires it might have. I have not been into the ST901 or other Fujicas. I don't know the details of how the curtain distance is established.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin